PDA

View Full Version : heart anxiety

ella32
17-06-14, 17:53
hi I have had a pain in centre of chest its not constant it comes and goes... I've had more ecgs than I can count at this stage had echo plus stress test in August last year everything normal. Talked to cardiologist in February this year and he said that chest pain isn't heart related but I can't seem to get it into my head. He wants to send me to have my stomach looked at.i don't know how to stop thinking that these chest pains and arm pain is heart related and I'm going to have heart attack. Anyone any suggestions in how to help me plse.xxxx

perpetual-mirth
18-06-14, 00:30
Hi there :)

If it's centered on your chest it may be costochondritis, or "chest wall pain." I can only suspect that because I have costo and that's just its nature. It comes and goes and feels like a "stab" most of the time. I too have heart anxiety and before I knew what it was, it was terrifying beyond belief. Stills scares me but now I can really identify it which helps. Look into it! x

Daisy Sue
18-06-14, 00:43
Hi Ella.. I can commiserate - been exactly where you are with the heart worries, and I had palpitations & ectopics just to make things worse. With me, it IS stomach related, and also caffeine played a part...

Try making a daily diary, write down when you feel the discomfort, and what you'd done just before. If it starts to look like the discomfort comes soon after eating, or drinking something acidic, then you can concentrate on diet and an antacid, and maybe talk to your gp once you've found a pattern of events.