PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little frustrated

xMezmerizeDx
18-06-14, 12:09
Hey everyone. I have suffered with health anxiety for years but since starting my new anti depressants I have been doing very well, happier than ever. After months of tellig my docs I couldn't breath and multiple times being told it was hyperventilation eventually I asked him to test me for asthma, turns out I am highly asthmatic. I have been given both reliever and preventer inhalers, iv used my reliever and I'm fine and not anxious with it now it's great stuff and really helps, but my brown ( preventer ) on the other hand I'm petrified of and can't seem to build up the courage to try it, I'm worried it will have the opposite effect than it's meant too and my lungs will collapse while I'm sleeping or something, iv been staring at this damn preventer inhaler for 2 months now and I still haven't done it. I guess it's because it's my lungs and I need them if u get me, I don't want anything to get worse just better. It's frustrating because the smallest of children take this instantly with no problem and there's me at almost 26 years old too scared to use it.. Have you had any experience with asthma and inhalers? :( thanks all xxxx