PDA

View Full Version : Sum advice please

spuder
18-06-14, 16:52
What medication do I take for anxiety? I keep having panic attacks had one today while I was walking to pick my daughter up from school a lady was behind me in Filp flops god they make a noise any way I had it in my head she was after me the faster I walked so did she I had to stop and let her past me then I had a panic attack. Gonna see if doctor will give me any meds

Dragon1988
18-06-14, 17:19
What medication do I take for anxiety? I keep having panic attacks had one today while I was walking to pick my daughter up from school a lady was behind me in Filp flops god they make a noise any way I had it in my head she was after me the faster I walked so did she I had to stop and let her past me then I had a panic attack. Gonna see if doctor will give me any meds

You can do this without meds. I took three years to overcome my panic attacks, i can give you advice if you need... How i did it, and overcame it. I couldn't even leave the house... i would get a panic all the time, like a floating sensation. Its your body that is in adrenalin mode all the time. You just need to be strong and not be scared of what you are feeling, and eventually you will be sick of it, and learn to control. Then eventually it goes away. And im not joking !! i swear to you, and give you my word... We are only human, and sometimes dealing with a lot of stress at once, we get these symptoms. You can take meds, beta blockers...etc.. but why do you want to do this? All you need to do is find out your trigger, and find a way to beat this. just like i did....

i wish you all the best. I had a previous account on this but lost it. I was called dragon before and left my recovery story. But i completely forgot my log in. I love this site because I did come here for advice and to understand that many people had what i had, and believe me you can get through it. I took ages, because i was very bad, and suffered traumatic event....

right now...i am working, and doing management /marketing. Who would have known i could do this job? I tell you... before just working as a junior at a salon stressed me... Now look at me :D !!!! i feel like crying... i get nervous still, but i don't know. i can control it. The only thing i have not overcome is being able to drive without stress, to be honest, i have not even tried !!! :O

xxx

spuder
18-06-14, 17:39
Thanks for your reply dragon how did u overcome anxiety wish I could

MRS STRESS ED
18-06-14, 21:26
Thanks for your reply dragon how did u overcome anxiety wish I could

Hi love you can over come it but everyone is different ,some people simply cannot do it without meds I certainly cant ,but thats me ,I am taking sertraline they have been great for me ,what you need to do is what is best for you ,go have a chat to your gp see what your options are ,I admire anyone who can do it without meds but its along struggle ,So I finally give in and I dont regret it take care xx :bighug1:

spuder
18-06-14, 21:54
Hi love you can over come it but everyone is different ,some people simply cannot do it without meds I certainly cant ,but thats me ,I am taking sertraline they have been great for me ,what you need to do is what is best for you ,go have a chat to your gp see what your options are ,I admire anyone who can do it without meds but its along struggle ,So I finally give in and I dont regret it take care xx :bighug1:

Thanks got an app July 1st

Magic
19-06-14, 11:47
GOOD LUCK Spuder:hugs:

spuder
21-06-14, 21:58
thanks magic

aprilmoon
21-06-14, 22:16
That's good that you've made the appt.
Meds have really helped me get my life back.It might take a bit, to sort out different doses and things,but its so worth it in the end.
Good luck xx

MRS STRESS ED
21-06-14, 22:54
How are you today spuder hope your okay xx:hugs:

Dragon1988
23-06-14, 19:25

there must be a trigger, or too much stress... Why not talk to someone about it. Take a few sprays of rescue remedy. And try not to be scared about how you are feeling. Pm me for more advice if you need, i overcame my panics, but sometimes i do get them still. But barely what they used to be.