PDA

View Full Version : Really worried over abdominal aneurysm

KeeKee
18-06-14, 17:59
I have read a few related topics on this to reassure myself but I kind of want 'real time' reassurance.
My main worry is that I have a very strong pulse in my stomach, my t-shirt moves with is as does my laptop if I am laying down. I am also literally 1 BMI point from being overweight so I am not thin.
I also keep getting a very slight pain just under and to the left of my sternum, this has worried me the most, I was at the doctors a few weeks ago and he did feel my stomach for something else, so do you think he would have felt anything if an aneurysm was possible?
I am 25 and female and know this is highly, highly unlikely, but I have read articles in the past (DailyMail blast it) where it has happened.
What finally kicked me over the edge is today I got a sharp central chest pain, which literally lasted a second, but I have never had chest pain before (except indigestion) and this has really freaked me out.
I have stopped taking propranolol (been taking it less and less since February) and was wondering if maybe that's why I am more aware of my pulse? I can feel it in my back if i sit back on the settee.
I hate this feeling like I am going to die and my partner will meet a new partner and have children with them and my daughter will see her as a mother figure. That last bit is my 2nd worse fear (after dying of course).
My partners tshirt does move also very slightly but he is very skinny.

spuder
18-06-14, 18:08
It is common in men over the age of 65 my dads just had a scan for this and all clear and it said on his letter women don't tend to get it

KeeKee
18-06-14, 18:10
Thank you Spuder, do you think my 'symptoms' are harmless and/or anxiety related?

spuder
18-06-14, 18:13
Anxiety related hun I get it to I can feel like sum thing inside kicking me Iam not pregnant.

Annie0904
18-06-14, 18:16
I agree with Spuder, My husband was sent for a scan after he was 65. I asked why women don't go and they said because it is so rare. Men over 65 are the risk group. It is most likely to be anxiety related.

KeeKee
18-06-14, 18:19
Thanks guys.
I'm still freaked out but the other week I was convinced I had a blood clot and I know the chances of me having an AAA and a blood clot are even rarer than just having one.
It annoys the life out of me though, I wonder if subconsciously my mind is scared because I have absolutely no Propranolol in the house and until a few weeks ago still had some for back up.

Annie0904
18-06-14, 18:22
It could be, are you able t get ny more from your gp?

KeeKee
18-06-14, 22:08
Yes I think he would give me more, I am trying to come off then but it won't hurt taking them now and again to relieve my symptoms.
Do you think if I did have one he would have felt it when he checked my stomach?

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

Anyone else?
Sorry for being annoying, I know realistically its a ridiculous fear, I'm just so scared of just dropping dead

gozzy1000
19-06-14, 20:17
Hi Kee Kee. I really would not worry about this, as you have said its very unlikely in women let alone someone of 25. My grandfather died of AAA and believe me the pain is excruciating and unrelenting, to the point where he could not move and was on the bed doubled up. It also does not hang around its a very quick killer once the pain starts. Before this he had no pain. You really dont need to worry about an AAA.

KeeKee
19-06-14, 20:21
Thank you. Sorry to hear your Grandad had this.
Thank you for saying you wouldn't get pain beforehand as I have been having that strange intermittent pain again today so hopefully it is just anxiety.

gozzy1000
20-06-14, 08:06
It will be anxiety. The chances of you having that are very remote at best! If you had that the pain would be intense and not go away.