PDA

View Full Version : can't sleep, too worried about doing something stupid

darklazer
18-06-14, 19:22
Hi everyone, So recently i was diagnosed with severe panic disorder, so of course i worry about every little thing humanly possible, including being a danger to myself or someone else.

So, let me explain; I don't think deep down i'm any danger to myself or anyone else; but when i sleep i worry about sleep walking and doing something bad. Now i have awesome insurance, and a good supportive family, so i've been thinking about heading down to standfords psych ward for a bit til we get all this figured out.

Can i get some opingions on how people feel about standford if you've ever gone? or if you know of any better wards?

And also, to make myself feel safer, i've been sleeping next to my mom in her room; between me and my mom we've got alot of medications that i'm worried i could get into, so i've had my mom hide them all and put bells on the doors incase i start sleepwalking, i don't believe i've slept walk in 10+ years but i read somewhere that people with anxeity are prone to it. Am i doing the right things? and do you all have any idea's on how to improve how safe i feel at home?

edit: i read some of the other posts on here, Dr.Google is 90% of the reason i'm so worked up over everything.

I should also maybe mention, that i have no reason to have this anxeity, it appeared out of the blue about 6 days ago. After what i think was a panic attack from weed, that set off this loop of anxeity. literally, from the time i wake up, to the time i sleep its panic attack after panic attack; Last night was the first night i got any sleep, Thanks to 5mg of Valium every 4 hours and thanks to sleeping near my mom. and obviously, i'm worried that i'd get addicted to it, but 5mg is a pretty low dose from what i've read and been told, so i'm pretty thankful for it. I also feel much better today. I've also got IBD and Ulcerative Colitis. And from what my doctor has told me, the Ulcerative colitis; in the teen years has many anxeity issues, from imbalances of seratonin and other chemicals in the body that would cause anxeity, i've completely elimited any outside stress to my life right now, except for all this worry; thanks to dr. google. and i've also sworn to myself never to go online and search for symptoms. my chest is also pretty tight, and my left side near my lung hurts, is that normal? Thanks everyone for your help!