PDA

View Full Version : This has never ever happened before

CoffeeandCats
18-06-14, 21:27
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my experience in hopes of hearing someone else going through something similar because I am sort of freaking out right now.

My boyfriend and I were at the pool a few hours ago and I took a picture of us when suddenly I blurted out "I'm about to pass out." I have never passed out before so I didn't know what it really felt like but I somehow knew that's what was happening. I couldn't hold myself up and my vision went all purple and flashy colors like I had just stared into the sun. I could still kind of see, but only outlines and then I sat down and couldn't get back up. The whole time I was talking to my boyfriend just fine. No slurring just sheer panic. I never loss conciousness and slowly the symptoms faded, but as they did my hands went numb...a few minutes later they were back to normal too.

I felt well enough to go to the hospital without an ambulance where I was barely looked at and told that I'm young and don't have heath problems so it must just be a fluke...maybe it was the heat or something. I insisted that this has never happened before and I was told they couldn't do anything else and then they sent me home.

Now I'm here scared it is going to happen again and I have a pretty bad headache and still feel a little woozy. To anyone who has ever fainted or almost fainted...is this normal? Or should I try a different ER?

I should mention I am a 26 year old female and I've had a MRI on my head in the last year, but I do have a fear of strokes and aneurysms so that's where my mind went right away.

Agadch
18-06-14, 21:31
Maybe your dehydrated? I felt the exact same thing last Friday and I've never passed out before either. After I drank some Lucozade and lots of water I started to feel much better. Drink lots of water and take it easy. Hope you feel better :)

CoffeeandCats
18-06-14, 21:34
Thanks Agadch! My boyfriend left me in bed with a giant bottle of water on the nighttable so I am drinking that now and hoping it helps :)

Serenity1990
18-06-14, 21:40
Sounds like dehydration followed closely by a panic threshold event to me. Been there done that!

MRS STRESS ED
18-06-14, 21:48
This is something I know only to well love ,I have a fear of passing out because I fainted when I was nineteen thats what started all my problems off ,it sounds like yours was due to your anxiety this causes panic attacks ,but let me asure you when you have a panic attack your blood pressure goes up to faint it has to do the complete oppersite your blood pressure goes to low ,so the chances of you fainting are pretty slim xx

CoffeeandCats
19-06-14, 00:36
Thanks everyone!

I ate and drank and sat in bed with the AC, but I'm still feeling crappy. I can see my heart beating in my chest and my heart rate is high. I'm really trying to stay calm.

I also made the mistake of googling and saw that all of these things could be caused by blood clot in my lungs...I also just got back from a 10 hour bus trip. Ugh.

Agadch
19-06-14, 00:53
Have you eaten much today? Maybe try have something with a little sugar in it. As I said, I felt the same on Friday and felt better after drinking lots of water but I still didn't feel completely myself until around Monday. Just make sure that you keep drinking water and you're eating properly and take it easy. Try and stay away from google, I know it's hard but you'll probably make yourself feel more anxious when you see things like a blood clot in your lungs. This is all probably as a result of your 10 hour bus trip! Try not to worry too much :)

Fishmanpa
19-06-14, 01:09
Just have to say I love your screen name :)

Positive thoughts, coffee and kitties

Catherine S
19-06-14, 01:26
Only in America can you be on a bus for 10 hours...if we were on a bus from where I live in UK for 10 hours we'd be in France! On subject though, you sound like you've got yourself really wound up about what happened and your nervous system is now all geared up and ready for the next one. It could have been any number of things as have been mentioned and it might have even been a bit of low blood pressure which can happen quite naturally sometimes from sitting to standing suddenly. The state of high anxiety you've been in since is because of your fear and adrenalin etc, but you know all of that already. And stay away from Google!

ISB x

CoffeeandCats
19-06-14, 02:23
@Agada I actually ate a giant waffle with strawberries and turkey sausage. Now that it's had time to digest my head feels a bit better. Thanks so much for your repsonses they make me feel better!

@Fishmanpa...glad you like it. They are the two loves of my life lol.

@ISB To be fair...the bus trip was from Canada haha. I agree. I am really nervous about it happening again so I know I'm kind of expecting it. If I start thinking too hard about it I get myself all worked up. I just saw the PE thing online and started thinking my bus trip doomed me and I had a DVT that turned into a PE. Ugh. I hate HA so much. No more Google for me! Thanks so much for replying I really appreciate it :)

Kelley
21-06-14, 07:04
Hi there!

Sounds like you just experienced your first migraine aura. Have a look through the search and you will see many of us have posted about these brutal things! They're not dangerous but just very scary. Flashes of light can be a trigger which sounds like happened to you!

Kelley