PDA

View Full Version : Free Internet CBT!!

carolynw
13-12-06, 23:55
My Doctor recommended this site to me

moodgym.anu.edu.au

its a therepy site, she said to try it as its a type of CBT. Its been tested and checked by a psychiatrist/psychologist and has apparently help people.

Not tried it myself yet but i'm going to. Just thought i'd tell you all in case it helps someone.

Love Carolyn x

elmo
20-12-06, 00:22
Hiya. Thanks for posting this site. I am a new member, and registered to try and find ways of helping my boyfriend. I found this site and read about GAD and he seems to fit in with all the symptoms mentioned. He admits he shouldnt feel the way he does but he wont get help or admit there is something that needs to be sorted. I really want to help him, do you have any ideas? I read in the page about GAD that CBT therapy can be very helpful, i will visit that site now. Thanks again, pleasse reply soon, Debbie (elmo)

Ladym
22-12-06, 15:58
Thankyou so much for posting this. I was just logging on to ask if anyone had any info about CBT because my doctor (3rd one in a year) has done the same as the last 2 I've had and just handed me a phone number for a support group. When I tried to explain to him that I couldn't go and sit in a room full of people, he just looked at me like I'd grown three heads.
This is great, thanks!
Hugs
Anna xxx

bb01234
08-01-07, 00:37
carolynw hi there, as a bloke myself I understand his reticence to take part in anything whatsoever.

If and when he's ready to talk meeting someone face-to-face will be so much more effective than over the web.

The unconscious messages that our bodies words present to a trained therapist are invaluable and that's lost on the web.

Naturally you've not divulged what's happening to him at present, but I would suggest that if he was able to find a therapist in his locale that could work with him he would find it more useful.

Perhaps denial is holding him back ( been there - got the T-shirt )

I would say that whatever symptoms he's got happening in his life now, it's the cause underlying that needs addressing and focusing on the symptoms will be an avoiding issue.

Happy to talk further

Regards

Brian

bearcrazy
08-01-07, 00:43
theres also a site called 'living life to the full' which offers online CBT