PDA

View Full Version : I think I experienced my first panic attack but...

RValadez
09-08-04, 00:44
Just yesterday, I think I may have experienced my first panic attack but I'm not sure.

I went off to bed, and my stomach began to feel weird. I had that feeling when you get scared, but I had no reason to be. I started shaking horribly for a bit but then I calmed myself down. I prayed and prayed that whatever was happening would stop. It never really stopped but it did ease up a lot although I never really fell asleep. Even this morning I felt a bit uneasy.

I was talking to a friend and she said I should have some sugar, that sometimes that happens when you don't have enough calories or sugar, so I had a soda.

I still wasn't easing up so I googled in my symptons and what I was feeling and the first thing that came up was about panic attacks.

Also, last night, I felt really scared, like I was going to die. So I began to pray for my life.

I'm not sure what's going on with me so if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

HB
09-08-04, 15:34
Well did you also feel like you couldnt breathe? were you anxious about anything? scared of something?

Sounds like you probably did but i always feel like i cant breathe when i get them. Hope yuo are starting to feel better xxx

H

Meg
09-08-04, 17:26
Hi,

Yes sound like you may well have done.

Your friend is right but its better to have something more solid than a soda. Some nuts, eggs, pasta is preferable than pure sugar as it lasts longer and avoid uge sugar swings . Hypoglycaemia is one of several possibilities of why you had one.

Please check out First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942) for more information.

Post back and tell us how you are today.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
21-08-04, 15:41
Hello there,
It does indeed sound like a panic attack. Have you been ok since?
Sarah (seh1980):D

nomorepanic
21-08-04, 16:42
Hiya

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry you had a bad night.

It could have been a panic attack because there are so many symptoms. Have you read much on the website and can you relate to a lot of the feelings?

Hope you feel better today?

Nicola

stimpy
23-08-04, 03:52
Yep These symptoms do sound familiar.

I personally would tell you not to dwell on it.
The more you dwell on it, the more likely it is to happen again.

Our good friend Nic has some wonderful advice on the site teaching you how to cope with panic.
Give that a read. Peronally I find the breathing technique really helpful.

Make your self safe and remember it is only a panic attack.
You may feel like you are dying, but it will pass.

I hope you are feeling better now.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'