PDA

View Full Version : Been off for 6 weeks

KeeKee
19-06-14, 14:15
Has anyone been off this for 6 weeks before? If I was going to relapse would I have by now?
Also, if anyone gained weight on Paroxetine how long for it to start coming off or was it permanent?

I have been taking Omega 3, Vit E and B Complex in hopes of quickening weight loss and preventing withdrawal.

I still get parasthesia, is that normal after 6 weeks?

KeeKee
30-06-14, 17:15
Been off for 8 weeks now, no weight loss :weep:
But I feel 'ok'. No set backs yet, hope things continue to be the way they are and not worsen because then I should be able to stay med free long term.

KeeKee
03-08-14, 10:31
13 weeks off and still feel ok. I am starting to get my emotions back with family members (they never altered for my partner though which was strange as I an with him 7 days a week), I became quite apathetic with my daughter too :-(, I'm feeling a lot more guilt etc now which I am happy about as it shows my feelings coming back. I am also regaining a tiny bit of my libido back which I'm sure is fantastic after a short length of time off. I still feel very angry and easily irritated but I don't really think that was part of my depression to begin with l, I think that was because of the situation I am in and that I am somewhat of a pushover.
Have been feeling weak and tired this week, hope its 'all in my mind' and soon passes by. 3 more weeks and if I still feel ok I think I have done it! (I came off Prozac a few years ago and managed 4 months, if it wasn't for my lack of knowledge back then I would have stuck it out).

teej
03-08-14, 12:42
Sounds like you're doing great Keekee. I thought I'd reply since no one else had.

I've tried to withdraw from my anti-depressants twice this year - one resulting in a hospital visit. I'm currently taking Mirtazapine and have just started Pregabalin in the hope I can come of the Mirt! What a mess.

Sounds like things are really coming together for you though. Don't forget anger and irritation are part of the normal ebb and flow of emotions for us.

Avoid the guilt also. I am still dealing with a lot of issues regarding shame which I will need to package up with a counsellor at some point. You just need to look forwards.

Well done though! :yesyes:

KeeKee
03-08-14, 16:03
Hi teej, thank you for replying and I am sorry you ended up on hospital. It must be awful :-)true withdrawal and I am so thankful that I havent yet experienced it (and hopefully won't).
I agree in regards to the guilt, although it proves to me my emotions are returning, I am also aware guilt can eat you up and destroy you. I am getting angry at family members and then feel really deathly guilty about it. Then I am constantly going over in my head about it.
I am currently on the waiting list for counselling and hope it can finalise my recovery. I think I will always have depression deep down but I have learned to accept that is just who I am now and if people can't take me for me then it's tough.
Good luck I hope counselling is in your near future and you can make amends with yourself