PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i just say NO?????

looking4answers
14-12-06, 00:15
Im really never been a hypocondriac and although i have obsessive tendencies I have read the symptoms of ocd many times and its just not me..I want to get on with my life.Im pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with me and had several doctors and nurses that I know pretty much say the same thing..Its just concentrating on what i feel and not looking at other things..Although I have thousands of interest I cannot seem to concentrate on them.If I start looking at something other than medical symptoms I feel as though something will come up.Its really a weird feeling.I do break away from it and think of other things but they are getting few and far between .I wake in the morning and can't think of anything but whats going to happen to me today..heart attack ,stroke..? I don't know why I can't just say NO Im not going to do this..But its always on my mind..Even today tried to be normal spent alot of time doing things and got in the shower and got out and my right chest started vibrating and still is.. I know if it doesnt hurt then its probably nothing but cant seem to break my concentration on it.I wished I could just say .. to hell with it I dont care anymore but my mind wont let me..what can I do..I dont want to live like this anymore ..waiting to die...

chevychaser
14-12-06, 04:21
Hi there. I think firstly you need to know that this site is full of people just like you. Me included. It doesn't make any sense why we can't just go"this is rediculous, cut it out" but it is the same across the board. The progression and symptoms and thought patterns are all exactly the same....which tells you that this is indeed a medically diagnosed illness..health anxiety. You are not mad...like all of us you suffer from a condition which for most can be managed as I've found. I have been in many a dark place over the years fearing for my sanity and health, seeing no light at the end of the tunnel and after treatment (which will continue for many years) I have my life back. I remember the simple joys of life and I'm not 100% consumed by the anxiety like i used to be. There is hope....the right doctor will understand and know what to do with you. My heart goes out to you and I know you're scared but it will be better. I speak from 10 years experience.

Good luck xx