PDA

View Full Version : anxiety symptoms constant

jj-
19-06-14, 23:50
hey im new to the site, just a quick question really.. has anyone had constant anxiety symptoms? like even when the anxiety seems to be low i still seem to get odd chest discomfort and stomach pain and whole lot of derealisation?!

and also i use to abuse alcohol not to extreme amounts but everyday, ive now stopped. could this of been my trigger? not the stopping but i meen the abuse.

thanks in anticapation

Agadch
20-06-14, 00:13
Yeah, mine are constant. I could be out with my friends having a great time and laughing and I'll still feel my symptoms. It's unfortunate.

MarcW
22-06-14, 11:35
Yeah, mine are constant. I could be out with my friends having a great time and laughing and I'll still feel my symptoms. It's unfortunate.

Same here unfortunately. I have a constant 'inner tremble / shake' that just wont go. Having a great time with friends helps distract me from it but it never goes. Week 8 in my CBT and my therapist has said it may never go and commented how its remarkable im able to lead a 'life' although it doesnt feel like the life i once had.
I do appreciate im not debilitated like most on here.

Catherine84
23-06-14, 09:19
Hi jj,

I'm really sorry to hear how you are feeling and hope that you get some relief soon. Are you on any medication for your anxiety? If not, it may be worth going to the GP to discuss your options - these also include non medication-focused techniques such as CBT.

To be honest, I feel like I could have written your post. I have suffered low-level anxiety for years, but a bout of bad events in 2012, including a car crash, triggered unbearable symptoms last year. I tried Citalopram to help me through, but this just made me even more anxious, to the point where I climbed the walls and felt suicidal. At this point, I was too scared to try any new medication and turned to alcohol as my drug of choice.

My anxiety focuses around my breathing - some days, I have an unrelenting awareness of it that never goes away, and I spend most of the day suffering physical symptoms, such as dizziness, due to hyperventilation.

Good for you for nipping the alcohol in the bud :-). You are most certainly right - it may help in the short term, but it makes your anxiety worse in the long term. It took 2 very uncomfortable detoxes and a rehab stay to convince me it wasn't worth it. I'm glad you were able to stop.

I'm now on Pregabalin, 5 months sober, and I still have my bad days, as the doctors are adjusting the dose, but I have had some better days in amongst the bad ones.

Hang in there tight - there are lots of people in the same boat on this board who would be more than happy to offer advice and support.

We can beat this! :hugs:

jj-
24-06-14, 22:44
thankyou all for the replies, it helps to know people have success stories ! docs put me on citalopram, see how i get on! fingers crossed

swanick15
25-06-14, 01:32
happens all the time

mgw
25-06-14, 01:44
Used to happen to me all the time- never felt like there was a break an spurred more anxiety about why it happened! Normal though