PDA

View Full Version : Struggling at night.

redredmac
20-06-14, 00:47
Can anyone give me some advice.
I'm struggling with my panic mainly at night.
Tonight I have gone to bed a usual and within a hour I have woke up, sweating heart pounding lightheaded. I guess panicking. I have calmed myself down but now I'm wide awake. I find this the hardest time. I feel so alone. I've been awake for over a hour. My body is so tired but I can't fall asleep I feel so wired
Then I start worrying that I have work I. The morning. Then if I'm tired I will panic at work and then everyone will see my panic. Or I'm left on my own on the shop floor and this will make me panic. My mind is going round and round.
Anyone got any advice how handle This.
Thanks R

Agadch
20-06-14, 01:15
This always happens to me! I'm always woken up by my anxiety after less than an hour of sleep and then I end up staying awake til 4 or 5 am. Have you tried meditating?

redredmac
20-06-14, 01:16
Um no I haven't. I wouldn't even know we're to start with meditating. :)

Agadch
20-06-14, 01:19
You can get lots of apps for it for your phone (one of my favourites is "sleep easily by shazzie") or you could look one up on youtube. No harm in trying :)

.Poppy.
20-06-14, 02:42
I hate it when anxiety keeps me from sleeping. Sleep is one of my favorite things, rather, that time before I actually fall asleep and can just think to myself peacefully (about good things!) or make up stories in my mind - but anxiety usually ruins it for me.

What helps me is opening my computer and pulling up Netflix and watching one of my favorite shows. I like to watch ones that I have seen before, so it doesn't matter if I fall asleep (as in, I won't miss anything) but the familiar show helps keep my mind of anxiety and I fall asleep. It's not as good as regular sleep, as I'll wake up if the show pauses or stops for too long, but it's much better than NO sleep.

Meditating would also be a good option, once you get good at it. I love meditating but sometimes I have difficulty keeping anxious thoughts away.

Good luck, and I hope you get some sleep soon!

Beth97
20-06-14, 16:34
I used to have the same problem!! I solved my problem by having this febreeze spray which is used especially to spray onto your bed and the smell instantly knocks you out! I also have an air freshener right next to me at night and the smell also helps with that. Both are specially designed to make you sleep so I suggest trying them out, they are perfect!

What I also did was find a really nice long relaxation youtube video, where the track was about 2 hours long (Sometimes shorter just make a playlist so it can repeat) and leave it playing on a low enough volume so I could still hear it, eventually I have gotten used to my regular sleeping pattern and rarely find it difficult to sleep or wake up at silly times. I really hope this helps!! :)

darklazer
20-06-14, 17:47
I've been having a horrible time at night too, and it sounds like you were awoken by a night-panic attack. Or atleast thats what my doctor tells me when i get the same feelings.

I'm not a doctor, but i was perscribed valium, a very low 5mg dose. and it makes me sleep like a baby at night, but then again, i do have severe panic disorder And night terrors /w sleep paralysis. So consult with your doctor or even a psych on how to make yourself feel better at night! the name of the game is usually safety, or atleast it is for me. Do whatever it is that you need to do to feel better of your suroundings, or to get your mind to focus on the present. Medidate even! Forget the problems of tomorrow! focus on right here, right now. and know that the panic cannot hurt you in any way!

aaronjames
21-06-14, 19:56
Look up mindfulness on the net it helps me alot and it can help you stay asleep if u can concentrate long enough it dose not always work but it is another method totry and help you. I hope it dose