PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about anxiety meds...

eevee
20-06-14, 15:28
so I've been referred by my psychologist to her psychiatrist friend because she thinks I could use some meds to help calm down my anxiety.

Now, I don't know what kind of meds we're talking here, and I'll be sure to ask him about it when I see him, but I just have some questions:

1. How does it help, exactly? I mean. The negative thoughts come from my mind, how can popping pills help my brain stop thinking the negative?

2. When I finally stop taking them, will I have some withdrawal?

Again I know these are questions for my doctor, just thought I'd ask people who's taking/have taken them in helping them dealing with anxiety.

Beth97
20-06-14, 16:18
From what I have heard, taking medication can make you reliable on them and it can take much longer to get over anxiety. But if you think it is really extreme and it is bothering you so much then take Kalms tablets, this is what I have been taking since April, they are a herbal remedy and you can purchase them over the counter no prescription needed. I promise you they do work and they do not get addictive. The way you have to do it is take 6 tablets, two after each meal a day. As soon as you feel yourself getting calmer in a few days, start to go down to 4 tablets, then a few days later 2 ect And only take them when you honestly feel like you need them. :)

If you do get prescribed tablets just be careful, your brain will start to think it is the only way to get over anxiety which is defiantly not true! So if you did stop taking them after a while, its likely your anxiety will come straight back as your brain will panic about not being able to take them. I hope this made sense and good luck :)