PDA

View Full Version : im back... this time its skin cancer. great :(

marshallp09
20-06-14, 17:32
Well hello, I dont mean this in a bad way but im glad and pissed that im back here.im glad its available but im very upset that my kind has taken me back here.

To make it quick I have a mole that Im almost positive was not here before and now it is. Of course the logical thing would be to assume its a mole but I am thinking melenoma. Its smaller than a pencil eraser and Iits behind my leg like behind my thigh
Im 26 about to turn 27 years old and this scares the shit out of me. Ill post a pik so you can see what you think.
The reason for my concern is that it has irregular borders and its mew. Ppl tell me its called an atypical mole. But I still freak out.... does this happen at my age?? I am hispanic so I have darker skin but i feel myself fallin back into the same situation when I was on my MS scare.

please lemme know what you think thanks.

Krypt0night
20-06-14, 17:34
If that mole is melanoma than I definitely have melanoma. I probably have 7 or so on my body that look like that and I'm only 25.

marshallp09
20-06-14, 17:39
Really??? Ok heres a question... did any of them develope in your 20s like has any new pne similar to mine developed recently? ?

Krypt0night
20-06-14, 17:41
Oh yeah, I had two pop up that looked like this just a couple of months ago actually.

marshallp09
20-06-14, 17:45
Wow thank you that kinda eases my mind a little... have you had any of them checked out ??

Krypt0night
20-06-14, 17:48
I haven't for the sole reason that I have so many moles and I'm not sure saying "Hey can you check over my entire body at all these moles" is something that they would do. To be honest, I probably should have them looked at just for peace of mind. I've just been going to the doctor for other things that are affecting me on a daily basis like breathing issues and the like that I haven't had a chance yet.

marshallp09
20-06-14, 18:03
You should get them checked im sure a dermatologist would not have a problem doing so especially if u have any kind of concern. Well as soon as I saw that on my leg I flipped cuz of how it looks and of course I googled piks of melenoma and in my mind they matched perfectly. So thatnks for the reply it kinda calms me down to know other ppl bave similar mole on theiir body as well.

UKmamainUS
20-06-14, 18:37
New moles pop up all the time. I personally would want that mole checked but that's because I too fear melanoma, but I have has some way weirder ones than that biopsies and come back normal. So, get it checked out for sure, but don't plan your funeral just yet.

marshallp09
21-06-14, 17:12
Look at the new pik and Well the reas9n I also freaked is cuz u can see those purple lines around it wich were not as noticible on the first pik but the second pik was after standing at work for 8 hours and since its behind my leg I think they are viens wich have no relation ... and I went to the dermatologist and he looked at it for a second and said "oh thats nothing" and right before I walked out of his office again I asked and he said no thats nothing keep an eye on it but dont worry..... so for some reason that didnt doit for me.... should I stop worrying??

70sgirl
21-06-14, 23:14
Yes! If a dermatologist thinks it's ok than it is! I have loads of moles that look just like that one - have also had them checked and was told the same thing. These guys are trained to know what to look for. Remember they go to medical school for years and have seen thousands of moles. :)

marshallp09
22-06-14, 19:34
70sgirl thank you that helps ... he just looked at it so fast i was like umm u sure... but thank you for the replies

bingjam
22-06-14, 20:28
hi from looking at your picture, even though im not a doctor I highly doubt that you have anything to worry about sweet... I have one similar on my calf and its been there for a few years.

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

also not sure where on your body it is but could the purple lines be varicose veins??