PDA

View Full Version : Sleep deprivation and PAs

sandie
14-12-06, 09:37
Good morning everyone

This morning I have come close to throttling my husband.

NMP readers willk now my issues with sleep - or the lack of it.

I was so tired last night - it had been a strange panicky day, and after a short session online, whilst watching TV, I dozed off on the sofa for about 1/2 an hour. Woke up at 11, very thirsty, unusually for me I had a small can of lager and went straight to bed. Didn't take a sleeping table (my third night without), and was asleep by 11.30. I slept SOLIDLY until 5 am and I am CONVINCED I would have slept longer, but hubby awoke at 5 and decided to get up - disturbing me. I didn't get back to sleep, but did stay in bed until 6.45. Now for me 5 1/2 hours sleep is GOOD, but I am so racked-off, cos I am convinced I would have slept for another 2 hours.

One positive thought: Whilst lying awake, I spent some time thinking/using Panic.End.com suggestions on how to take control of PAs. I'm not sure I see them as a cure, but they did help me ward off my PA this morning, and whilst I am tired and a bit shivery and tense, I don't have the awful painful and jittery adrenaline butterflies constantly buzzing around in my tummy. It will be interesting to see how the day unfolds. I'll keep you posted.

Sandie

chillx
14-12-06, 09:51
Hi Sandie

I am glad you had a better night. I can relate fully to the butterflies in the stomach, every morning I wake with that same feeling. It is awful.

Hope you have a positive day.

chillx

dlou84
15-12-06, 16:56
i havent slept deeply in a week and didnt sleep once last night. seriously think im dying from this

sandie
15-12-06, 17:04
Hi Dan

I've posted you a reply on your other posting about sleep deprivation.

I know exactly how you feel, but we won't die from lack of sleep - it just makes us jittery, lacking in focus and concentration, and that's when we tend to have accidents.

Take care - I think just like me, perhaps we need to learn to relax more.

Sandie

jo61
15-12-06, 17:13
I'm just looking forward to the next 3 weeks when I don't have to get up early. As soon as the alarm goes off my stomach starts to churn. If I can sleep in it's easier -my body telling me I need more rest I think?

Jo