PDA

View Full Version : feeling lightheaded after drinking

BumbleGirl
20-06-14, 22:32
Lately I've noticed if I drink very fast (it doesn't have to be lots) I feel lightheaded for a few seconds. I don't mean when I drink alcohol by the way. I drink juice, water and Pepsi Max and it's the same with all of them. Has anyone else had this xx

Orange Lightning
21-06-14, 12:18
I get the same thing; a tight throat, feeling some of what I drink is stuck, shortness of breath, palpitations and lightheadness. All it takes for me is water. I hope someone else here has an answer.

jayware33
21-06-14, 12:22
Lately I've noticed if I drink very fast (it doesn't have to be lots) I feel lightheaded for a few seconds. I don't mean when I drink alcohol by the way. I drink juice, water and Pepsi Max and it's the same with all of them. Has anyone else had this xx

Hi,

Firstly, I need to know how long this has been going on for? When you say "lately", I presume this has been for the last week or so? If so, that fits in with what I'm about to say.

The most likely cause is something called labyrinthitis. It's simply an inner ear infection and will clear up on it's own. When you tilt your head back to drink, the fluid in your ear becomes disturbed and gives you the sensation that you're moving or slightly uneasy on your feet. This passes quickly but is a common symptom of it.

My advice is to see your GP for a proper diagnosis but I'm pretty confident that's what it is.

You can read more on it here:

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Labyrinthitis/Pages/Introduction.aspx

raggamuffin
21-06-14, 15:24
GP might refer you to an ENT Dr if necessary. But if they can't find anything wrong you'd have to chalk it up to anxiety. I get dizziness from my anxiety all the time. In fact i've got it right now and moving my head in certain ways makes it infinitely worse at times.

Ed

BumbleGirl
21-06-14, 22:50
Hi thanks for replying everyone. Its not dizziness though. I just feel light headed and disorientated almost as if I'm going to pass out and it doesn't happen every day. Today I haven't had it at all but ive probably had it about five times in the last 2 weeks xx