PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate question, please reply.

CheesinIndian
20-06-14, 23:30
I just got back from the first part of my physical and everything was fine. But i always end up forgetting to ask questions.

The problem that im worried about is my heart rate! Normally my RHR is mid to low 60s on average. Then during the day its prolly 70-75. thats fine cause its normal. But I have had increased HR at night and after meals, like in the low to mid 80s! is this normal? I know its still in the acceptable range but it still worries me! Also sometimes it feels like my heart is beating hard, not fast, just hard. Is this normal? I am really in tune with my body and can feel almost everything that is happening with it so maybe its just stress idk.

If you read this than can you at least reply? I keep seeing views but no one bothers to reply :(

Fishmanpa
20-06-14, 23:45
Sounds normal to me and as you said, it's certainly within normal range. When you eat, your body requires more blood flow to your digestive system.

Positive thoughts

Catherine S
20-06-14, 23:55
That's true Fishman....my doc tells me not to take my blood pressure reading just after a meal as its always a bit higher at that time.

Cheesinindian, when you say you're really tuned into your body you really mean it...you take your pulse a lot! But the numbers you give are really normal.

ISB

CheesinIndian
21-06-14, 00:07
That's true Fishman....my doc tells me not to take my blood pressure reading just after a meal as its always a bit higher at that time.

Cheesinindian, when you say you're really tuned into your body you really mean it...you take your pulse a lot! But the numbers you give are really normal.

ISB

When i say that I mean that I can feel every pang, and every pressure change, and everything like that. I can just feel my heart beat when im laying down at night. Like In my fingers sometimes and in my neck sometimes, or in my chest i guess.

Carnation
21-06-14, 00:54
Hi, my pulse is around 80 and my Doctor said that was more than OK!

I also had a problem with being aware of my heart beating all the time.
I had to sleep on my right-hand side in bed and I found plumping up the pillows better for me. I would make it worse by waiting for it to happen and I would hear and feel my heart beating in other parts of my body. Don't stress over this, it is part of the Anxiety. Try to do breathing exercises to relax yourself; it does calm it down. You could also try some Yoga exercises for breathing; I find them really beneficial.:)

Catherine S
21-06-14, 01:04
But you know the numbers too, which means you're taking your pulse...as in finger over pulse point and counting against your watch or a clock. You'll drive yourself crazy doing it too much as heart rate..and bp...change lots throughout the day and night depending on activity/eating/drinking/anxious thoughts etc. You sound fine, and this comes from somebody whose erratic bp and heartbeats mean she has to take meds :)

CheesinIndian
21-06-14, 01:47
But you know the numbers too, which means you're taking your pulse...as in finger over pulse point and counting against your watch or a clock. You'll drive yourself crazy doing it too much as heart rate..and bp...change lots throughout the day and night depending on activity/eating/drinking/anxious thoughts etc. You sound fine, and this comes from somebody whose erratic bp and heartbeats mean she has to take meds :)

Thanks, and yes I do the finger over the pulse so much. I was so anxious yesterday I made my right hand sore from pumping the blood pressure machine so much. The reason this all started was becuse of PVCs. I have had them for about 9 months and they started after a time of high stress (out of a job, and training for military service). I have been to the cardiologist multiple times and have been through many tests. Everything came back normal but I was having about 3,000 a day (which is not dangerous, they have to be above 20,000 a day which is like every 4th beat) but stress makes them worse and its just compounded everything. Im doing good though, I am taking a beta blocker (not needed but its a very low dose) and cant really remember the last time I felt one. I have talked to my recruiter and he told me as long as its benign then everything is good to go. The stress of my upcoming life change is very stressful and is what i believe has caused this.