PDA

View Full Version : High White cells

Brazil
21-06-14, 01:55
Doc rang with results
full blood couneverything fine apart from high white count. Doc said he tried to ring the hospital to ask about it but no one answered. I couldnt undersrand why needed to ask
did have a high blood count 11000 few monyhs back and anti biotics sorted it but dont know what it is now
could doc be rininging hospital to ask for advice

havent been feeling well. Night sweats nausea fatigue
google said could be leukemia??

Annie0904
21-06-14, 07:48
Google will tell you everything you dont want to hear. It could also be a minor infection.

darklazer
21-06-14, 19:55
Google will tell you the worst, when likely your fine.

NEVER USE GOOGLE, NO MATTER WHAT.

So, what you should do is: Get in contact with your doctor, ask him for a full blood workup, because your worried about how your infection is. Chances are, unless your have a high fever you are fine. But a high white blood cell count is due to an infection or sickness. Not lukemia. And if you completed the full dose of anti-biotics, chances are that its completely resolved :)

Brazil
21-06-14, 23:03
The antibiotics were months ago maybe 6
Two separate events
Felt awful. Sick and tired can't keep my eyes open and also waking up with sweat dripping round neck

tried to watch soccer during day but couldn't keep eyes open

Can't see doc for 7 days

mila
23-06-14, 12:31
Why can't you see doc earlier?

I read your other post as well. You obviously have an infection making you feel ill. The doc might have been trying to find out which white cells were increased which would tell him about your infection. It is more likely to be viral from your symptoms. Last time when they gave you antibiotics did they say what kind of infection it was?

Millie

Brazil
23-06-14, 23:00
I managed to get appointment Wednesday
Feel awful. Nausea. Feel ill and can't keep my eyes open look awful too. Feel like bus has hit me

Got antibiotics last time but never got told why. Put. It down to an infection

Really worried especially with night sweats too Something not right. Sleep not helping

mila
24-06-14, 10:19
Hang in there til wednesday!

3tikes
24-06-14, 17:05
Night sweats at this time of year are very common, especially as it's been so warm lately. I too have been having them and I panicked but turns out many of my friends have too. Night sweats could also be hormone related especially if you're a lady of a certain age. (Sorry, don't know how old you are.) x

Brazil
25-06-14, 17:29
Saw doc who told me my lymoctye count was 4.2
Apparently normal is 3.5
Looking on Google it says anything over 2900 or 40% is lymphocystosis is? I can't understand it

Doc wondered if I had a infection and sent for X ray as got breathless

Lol I'm a male in my late 20 :)

Brazil
28-06-14, 13:37
I'm feeling worse
Should I be worried about cancer
Night sweats nausea fatigue etc
Generally feeling unwell

fac163
11-08-14, 02:21
Hi Brazil, I hope you're better since your 28 June post. I too had a 2-week bout with night sweats and high night fever two years ago. Sought the ER twice but neither time did they keep me. Luckily on the second visit they tested for Mono and came back positive. So I was pleased to have an explanation (even though, oddly, I didn't have the sore neck Mono is known for.) The other time I had night sweats was one year ago, for 2 nights, no fever. Perhaps it was anxiety from starting a new job in a new town, plus caffeine. I would love to hear any insights you've gained. I too had Dr Google tell me it was lymphoma (probably where my HA started.)

mark henri
05-10-14, 10:39
I think so that google will help you to know more about this . Only when we get sick, we should go to doctor for our cure. I have a problem in my blood. The temperature of my blood is too less than the normal range.