PDA

View Full Version : Hallucinations

raggamuffin
21-06-14, 14:30
Read a few forums posts of people experiencing hallucinations when in a dark room. I get visual noise but last night having spent 3 hours trying to get to sleep (tapering off Remeron) I had one eye open and one shut and noticed patterns on my wall. It almost looked like my wall mural that's painted on the other wall of my room. It unnerved me slightly so I closed that eye and opened the other - same thing. So I changed position and looked up at the ceiling - same thing.

So I got up and spent another 2 hours awake. Then spent another 2-3 hours trying to sleep. In the end it was starting to get light. I got around 2.5 hours sleep in total. I've never had insomnia before but what happened during those meagre 2.5 hours sleep was terrifying. Constant nightmares, night terrors, waking me up every 15-30 minutes without fail. They were lucid and yet, so unpredictable and terrifying I kept waking up. At one point I was positive I was awake, I could see my room getting lighter and the familiar objects in my room. Then everything went pitch black and something started laughing and I woke up again.

I'm on a couple of anxiety forums. Someone said I should speak to my GP asap. Fun times hearing things like that, especially from one of the more knowledgeable forum regulars. A friend of mine with anxiety said it sounded like night terrors and told me to stop worrying about it. The other day I had a hallucination when I woke up. I woke up to looking at my mural which is very cartoonish and multi coloured and busy. Amongst the paint I saw a 3d figure of a man in a flying kick pose. He disappeared within a second or 2. So I guess I could rationalise all of this.

Just hearing someone recommend I see a GP asap unnerved me. I tried sleeping earlier. over 3 hours and couldn't even fall asleep. I'm so tired, I don't want to start developing insomnia. Whenever I can't sleep my anxiety goes nuts.

Ed