PDA

View Full Version : New

raggamuffin
21-06-14, 14:35
Hello,

New to this forum but I frequent others. Had anxiety and depression for around 10 years. I tried to bury my head with cannabis for 7 years and experimenting with other drugs for a time. Towards the end of my daily cannabis use I had a panic attack. A year later I had another. Inbetween such times I started getting chest tightness and a lot of worry and anxiety when going to bed,k rapid heart rate etc.

After my second panic attack (which lasted an hour) things changed. From then on day in day out I got pains. I've had pains and symptoms every moment of every day since for 4 years. Had CBT but the therapist wasn't good. Waiting list for a new therapist at the moment.

Tried SSRI's but it caused insomnia so I stopped. Took Remeron for 9 weeks and it hasn't helped. I've been tapering off and it's been nothing short of hell.

I know the logical side of anxiety like the back of my hand. I don't tend to feel anxious day in day out - but I am in pain at all hours and it's so tiring.

Over the years i've provided a lot of useful advice to anxiety sufferers, but I myself don't see any noticeable improvements. I rarely ever get panic attacks and I don't live in fear of death and disease anymore. i finally accepted this was all anxiety after 3 years of constant pain. Sometimes a pain will worry me but I remind myself not to rise to it and rationalise it and get on with my day.

I feel my anxiety journey has been on the more severe side of the scale given how many pains and symptoms I get on a daily basis. It's shattered my quality of life. Countless GP, Dr and hospital visits and tests. It's hard living like this.

Ed