PDA

View Full Version : I need help for my issues. Help greatly appreciated! (panic/anxiety/ocd/agoraphobia)

Gem_182
21-06-14, 18:55
Hi there,

I have posted on this forum before but am needing help quite badly. I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety etc for around about 4 years but last Friday it all got a lot worse. It started because I needed to go to my parents house for Fathers Day, and I was really scared about going because every other time we have drove there I've had a panic attack (my parents house is 40 mins away). Anyway, I didn't end up going home on Friday and I was getting worse and worse about needing to go home. On Saturday afternoon, we had to call the out of hours gp cos I felt awful and wasn't calm. They prescribed Beta Blockers, and I eventually took one (I've had problems with taking tablets). It didn't work for me and I was annoyed and upset that it didn't. My Mum and sister came up to try and help and try and get me back. After a lot of trying to calm me down they said to just come and sit in the car and see what it felt like, so I did and anyway they started to drive and I got really scared and asked to stop etc and they didn't. So for the next 20 mins I was kicking, screaming, shouting and swearing. It was the most awful thing. But when I got a bit closer to my parents house it seemed to get better and I apologised and seemed alright. Since then, I've had horrible anxiety and really terrible panic attacks. I've had panics when other people have to leave the house, I've had panics when I've been doing nothing. It's been the most awful week ever. I've tried to get help from my gps but they say they can't do anything from their end. I've rang round gps round here but they say I'd need to come in (but I can't even get to the local shop let alone the gps). I rang 111 and they said I'd need to see a gp or go to A & E. I've rang Mind and they gave me other numbers to ring like the Samaritans, and told me about leaflets on their website. I found this thing on the internet called Crisis Resolution/home treatment which sounded like something that could help. It says that they would come to your home and try and help etc. I rang them and they said i'd need to see a gp, I told them I didn't have a gp around here and they said that I'd need to go and see a local gp to which I said I couldn't leave the house and they said that I'd have to try and see a gp. ARGH. This circle of crap has been my life for the past week nearly. My parents are going away on holiday for 2 weeks on Monday and I'm absolutely scared and anxious and panicked about it and I don't know what to do. I feel like I can't relax and I feel like something awful might happen. I don't want to stop them from going on holiday but I feel so scared. I have other people around me to help and I so appreciate it but I just feel like what if I'll need my parents? I've been scared and on one day was panicking really badly when my Mum had to go to my Grandad's house 40 odd mins away, so them going 4 hours away on a plane is making me so nervous. Please can anyone help or suggest any help or way to go. I just don't know what to do, I feel so scared about everything and need some help or guidance.
Thanks for reading and sorry about the long post!

JustJay
21-06-14, 20:02
I've joined this group this evening, and it takes a sufferer to recognise and understand a fellow sufferer. I am currently experiencing all of the anxieties and worse still the attacks you're mentioning, and I truly empathise with your situation. I've suffered for about a month now, but have suffered on and off since a breakdown in 2000. One thoing I find helpful is logic, how many times have you had an attack, and as you're still here, it's safe to say you're NOT going to die. Easier said than understood I know. Also progressive muscle tension can help. I really hope you (we) get better soon. Jay

trish1955
26-06-14, 14:33
Ave u tried herbal stuff my story would take way to long to tell u but I if i go out i use rescue remedy I must spray it in ,y mouth it helps me stop going g in to full panic life,e I just had to go to docs to get bloods done really been anxiouxe all week could.d not even eat or sleep my panic attacks began when I wzd 12. Now 58 but there as been times in my .life I would manage it better enough to get married had children even though the last twenty five years I have suffered every day my fear is dying and as been all these years what started you off and how old are you take care Trish x

ben johnson
26-06-14, 14:46
well if need to chat im here for you and trish can say how good i am at listening to people cus iv listen to her in the passed