PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety help

Anon123
21-06-14, 19:46
Recently I have been really struggling with health anxiety, specifically luekemia. I constantly check my body for rashes or bruses and checking my tempreure for a fever. I'm either on the internet checking out every new ache and pain. Every time I get over one symptom another one pops up. Currently I have headache and leg and hand pain. Are these signs of leukaemia? This anxiety is really taking over my life and the checking takes over my life. Do you think I have lukemia? Any tips on dealing with the anxiety?

NotCool
22-06-14, 00:40
Tips on dealing with anxiety - that's a broad. If you're serious about it, you can start by putting "leukemia" in the search bar in the forum, and find dozens and dozens of leukemia related threads. I don't believe any of the authors reported back they actually got sick, so it will benefit you as a way of temporary reassurance, which just might last enough time for you to browse through all the sticky threads in the Health anxiety forum section. Then after that, go take a look at Remedies/Therapy/Success (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=3) section, it's filled with useful knowledge and links to websites that can help you.

GL

Miss_gone_batty
22-06-14, 05:10
I have a lot of those symptoms. Wow, metal illness sucks. As soon as I read bruises my heart skipped a beat.. I thought oh my gosh, do I have lukimia? That's just the way this anxiety works. The Internet always tells you the worst. Sometimes, something so simple as anxiety/worry can cause all u mentioned above. Good luck and try not to google search symptoms no matter how hard it is! Read up on something helpfu!