PDA

View Full Version : salivary duct worries

sammyb
22-06-14, 03:31
Ok so one of my salivary ducts is bigger than the other on the inside of my cheeks. I do know that they have been lkke that for a long time. Problem is that one the bigger one hurts. I may have bit down on it but cant remember. Ive been obssesively checking and fooling with it for the last 2 days. I am not sure if its feeling better or not. It still hurts and I cant let it go. I dont have any lesions or anything too weird in my mouth besides the fact that one is bigger than the other. Nothing is swollen on my face etc. It just hurts on the duct itself. Im trying not to google but its hard. Ive been at the doc within the last two weeks and he did look in my mouth etc at the time and had no concerns. I was there for an unrelated issue. Im 39 and have quit all tobaccos products a yr ago. I so regret ever using them. Anyone have any experience with their salivary duct s becoming irritated? Any replies r great thanks

Miss_gone_batty
22-06-14, 04:30
Well if it was cancer it probably wouldn't hurt. Also, cancer doesn't go away. If its not gone in a month maybe have it checked out. I get mouth sores a lot and wonder if it's cancer lol. I think your ok <3

sammyb
22-06-14, 13:27
Thanks for the reply. Today its still hurting and trying not to google still. The thing that bugs me the most is how one side is different than the other.

sammyb
22-06-14, 19:46
I feel like a crazy person but now this salivary duct has a tiny white spot on it today. Could the white spot be it healing right there where I may have injured it by biting down or fooling with it? I can't quit checking

sammyb
23-06-14, 15:48
Is it possible to get a canker sore there?

sammyb
24-06-14, 12:30
Well at this point I am sort of using this post as a log of what is happening with this scare. Now the salivary duct is not near as painful but still stings a bit when hitting my molar. The tiny ulcer on it has seemed to fade a bit and im not googling. Im still obsessing on how asymmetrical my salivary ducts are and very conscious and focused on them. Im still checking but not quite as much. Yesterday was awful as I was in a state of depression but hopefully today will be better.

Rennie1989
24-06-14, 12:40
It sounds like a minor infection to me. My father-in-law had an infected salivary gland I remember him saying that it hurt. I believe it went away on its own accord.

raggamuffin
24-06-14, 12:44
A symmetry is quite common. I wouldn't worry about it. I noticed one of the muscles in my abs was bigger than the other side. For a while I worried it was something scary like a tumour. But years later it remains the same as e'er it was. I've not succumb to cancer and therefore I imagine it's nothing to worry about. Best course of action to quell worries quickly is see a GP. let them do a physical examination. No doubt they'll say all is well and you need to trust in their diagnosis. 'Cos, whilst we think we know our bodies (with the anxious paranoia we live with) we don't have 5+ years of medical study and knowledge under our belts.

Ed

sammyb
24-06-14, 14:07
Thx ed thx rennie. Its been like this for a long time ( asymetrycal) but since its irritated right now im so so focused. It stings but all I can say is at least its not worse than it was the first day I guess.