PDA

View Full Version : ischemia or panic attack

Miss_gone_batty
22-06-14, 03:36
I have a fast heart rate and got put on a low dose of heart meds. I have had many blood tests, ekgs and both a heart ultra sound and wore a heart moniter which all came back normal besides a fast heart rate and sometimes my heart would beat a bit before it was suppose to. I have both anger and anxiety issues. Tonight I was getting really stressed and got this awful pain in my left chest. I usually get it on the left. It didn't feel like my heart was fast it just hurt. It was really painful and then I started to get this burning sensation.. I have gerd, asthma, and ibs. So those could cause it? I can breath fine but I'm breaking down. Please help me and please respond ASAP. My left chest hurts right now.. Like my heart.. Do I need to go to the er? I googled and I came across ischemia and it mentioned both he burning and pain. Am I or did I have a heart attack?

Daisy Sue
22-06-14, 10:08
Hiya.. It's impossible for any of us to guess what the cause is, but I would think you'd be feeling very ill if you'd had a heart attack. The other possible causes you mention, especially gerd and anxiety, are very probably culprits though.

My own palpitations and ectopic beats are usually caused by my upper stomach being irritated, or if I've eaten too much, or have laid down on my left side too soon after eating. I also get palps if I'm stressed or panicky.

If you need real reassurance then I'd say either ring up A&E and see what they advise, or go down there. The fear might just keep your anxiety on high until you've been reassured, so it's probably worth a visit.

Hope you feel better soon.. I know what it feels like and it's not nice :(