PDA

View Full Version : I cut my hair.

stormborn
22-06-14, 06:53
I used to have really long hair and recently I cut most of it off (above the shoulders). Now I'm too nervous of the hairdresser coming to my house to sort it out, I have social anxiety and don't leave the house much. I'm really annoyed at myself and I look stupid. At some point I will have to push myself. Next time I won't be so impulsive. :)

Rennie1989
22-06-14, 09:43
I have trichotillomania which means I pull my hair out. I had a massive bald patch and I couldn't see the hairdresser until the hair started growing back. Today it is still massively shorter then the rest of my hair and I just tell them that I have alopecia.

Hairdressers see a wide range of hair complaints, whether it be natural, like alopecia, cradle cap, dandruff, nits and grease, and self inflicted, like tricho and hair cutting. I know a few people who have cut their own hair so it's not uncommon or unheard off, they will not judge you.

Make sure they're stocked up on tea and have a good natter :)

Magic
22-06-14, 19:34
I tend to cut my own hair it sometimes turns out wrong and the hairdresser soon sorts it out.. Perhaps a shorter hair style would be a nice change for you Stormborn xx