PDA

View Full Version : A scary setback; never been worse

Orange Lightning
22-06-14, 11:35
I'm not exaggerating about this; if someone in the medical profession doesn't believe me and help me asap, I'm afraud I might die. In fact, last time I was as bad as this was over a year ago when I'd never heard pf LPR reflux. There is a pattern to my current symptoms, and it's too much of a coincidebxe to be called anxiety - it began when I tried to return to a normal lifestyle and diet by eating junky food around/on my birthday. Ever since, I've been plagued with God-awful symptoms that actually make me count ny blessings about before.

All day, 24/7 my symptoms switch back and forward in the following way:

- If there is nothing in my throat, it becomes extremely tight and my tongue gets tense.

- As soon as I swallow anything, from water, to saliva to Gaviscon Advance liquid, it gets stuck above my airways. Within 3 seconds This makes me unable to take a full breath because of a blockage, which also blocks up my nose for some reason. I also get the following, alarming symptoms:

/ Feeling like I'm going to pass out from chest/head pressure
/ Arm, chest, back, abdonmem and head pain.
/ Gasping for air, especially when I'm on the verge of fainting
/ Post nasal drip making things even worse
/ Cannot swallow food; gets stuck
/ Palpitations from lack of oxygen
/ Tiredness very suddenly
/ Sweating as I continue to struggle to breath
/ Jaw/Neck tension
/ Feeling a wad of thick mucus stuck above airways

Worse when on the move too; swallowing constantly relieves things for a bit, but one swalloe of thick food/Gaviscon/thick saliva and it comes back. Alkaline and hot water also make things worse (but not always) and my diet/lifestyle is as strict as I can make it again. It isn't allergies as I have none to common things.

I thought I couldn't cope before but this tome, I don't think I'm going to survive. And of course it's all being labelled as stress - I want to run to A&E but I know what they'll say too. If it is reflux, I have to wonder why nothing is catching it in the act? Last time I ate that bad was around my PH probe, which was 'inconclusive' and I didn't have anything as bad as/like this..!

Serenity1990
22-06-14, 11:43
I'm not aware of anything other than anxiety that causes throat tightness and swallowing issues if they come and go, and I know anxiety can cause this. However I'm not a medical doctor and if you're worried your GP is the person to ask. :)

spacebunnyx
22-06-14, 17:05
hi,

the throat swallowing ones are the worst HA symptoms for me. my throat tightening gets so bad I bring up chunks of food back into my mouth. horrible. I find chewing gum can help.

that and time.

hope you feel better soon
xxx