PDA

View Full Version : Found a support group

t0rt01se36
14-12-06, 11:31
I am struggling to find a person who can understand me and how much my Mental Health affects me.

Yesterday I found online a Support group for Mental Health sufferers and their carers. Its great to know I can meet other people who have Mental Health issues in my area.

Today I phoned the group co ordinator I think it was and have been invited tomorrow night to their Christmas party.

The problem is, I don't like eating and drinking in public, but I'm still gonna go to introduce myself, if anything. I'll be going on my own and will feel
nervous but I'm looking forward to telling you all how I got on.

Julie

ceecee
14-12-06, 11:34
hi julie
thats great that you have found a support group!
don,t go worrying about having that meal as i,m sure there will be may others that feel the same as you
take care
let us know how it goes if you can
good luck!

Ma Larkin
14-12-06, 11:35
Well done Julie!

I bet you have a great time. Quite a lot of people don't feel comfortable eating and drinking in public, but I'm sure everyone will understand, and not even probably notice.

Have a great night and give us all the goss!

Les, xx

yorkylover
14-12-06, 11:45
Well done Julie,great news on finding a support group.Well done on deciding to go.Lots of people cant eat a drink in public,dont let that stop you pet.;)

Ellen XX

manmoor
14-12-06, 11:52
Hi Ju,

Well done you. Let us know how you get on hope you have a great night. xx

Take Care

Mandyxx

LickeyEndBlues
14-12-06, 12:14
Woo Woo Julie,

I'm really pleased to hear that. I hope it goes some way to helping you and creating another circle of friends.

Just remember that everyone in that room was new once so they will know how you are feeling.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Iain
x

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

chris_poole
15-12-06, 11:57
Hey Ju, remember, friends are just strangers you haven't met yet. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your evening. Good Luck
Chris xx

Granny Primark
15-12-06, 12:04
Hi ju,
WELL DONE!
Im sure youl have a great time at the party and make loads of new friends.
Looking forward to reading your next post of how well it went.

Take care
LYNN xx

Southern_Belle
17-12-06, 15:39
Hi Ju,

Just saw this post. I hope you had a great time and can't wait to catch up with you to hear about it.

Bel

"Our thoughts are our reality"

clickaway
17-12-06, 15:41
Hi Julie,

Glad you found the group. How did the party go?

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

jo61
17-12-06, 15:48
glad you found it ju ann. any news on housing?

Jo

t0rt01se36
18-12-06, 01:26
Sorry folks. I failed yet again. I didn't go to the support group.

fairyclairy
19-12-06, 17:56
You didnt fail.. you never fail. It must not have been your time! Your time will come to beat it.. dont rush and certainly dont think you've 'failed'!

good luck in with the future
Claire xx

LickeyEndBlues
19-12-06, 18:03
I meant to write this last night!!!

Ju,

You have let no one down. Going to an esatblished groups Christmas party would have been a very hard thing to do...I don't think I could have done it.

You have found a group and as I have said elsewhere look to the New Year for a new start. Keep up e-contact with them and remember...everyone of the members of that group were new once.

Try and find out when the first meeting of the New Year is and look at that as your NY resolution.

Take care Ju......my vitual headache has gone now!!

Iain

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

jacq
05-01-07, 12:13
hi can you tell me where you went to find support groups for your area, i am 37 and have had panic and anxiety since i was 17 and am now agraphobic i would love to meet people in my area with the same problems and a group meeting might give me the confidence to get out of the house. I have tried my doctors and they dont know of any groups at all and there was nothing in the community section at my local library, a friend who is a counselor suggested i set up my own group as if it is a charity or self help group you get help with funding from your local health authority but i dont think i have the confidence to contact loads of people and make all the arrangements, i have trawled the internet and cant find anything. Jacqui x

courage doesn't always roar, sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "i will try again tomorrow"