PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ - HELPFUL ADVICE ON PA'S

Ma Larkin
14-12-06, 11:53
Hi everyone,

I had my last counselling session yesterday. My Counsellor has given me the address of a website and there is an extremely good leaflet on Panic Attacks.

The website is: www.thetherapywebsite.co.uk

Click on the "Mental Health issues" link and then on "panic", you will find the leaflet in this section.

Les, xx

ceecee
14-12-06, 12:16
thanks for sharing that les!!!
did you find your councilling(sp) beneficial?
take care
rach x

Ma Larkin
14-12-06, 12:33
When I first started counselling (12 months ago) I thought "what a load of crap!". I now realise that my main fault is (in my counsellors words - I have too big a heart). It took about 6 months before I actually talked about me; it was always everyone else in my life. I am now really glad that I had those sessions, and the one thing I've changed is to spend quality time on me, instead of thinking about everyone else all the time. It's made me a lot more chilled out and less anxious and I look forward to time on my own now, whereas before I used to hate it.

I'd definitely recommend counselling.

Les, xx

hopeful
14-12-06, 12:39
Thanks for that Les. I read the leaflets on stress and anxiety too.
Hope it helps others
Take care
julie x

ceecee
14-12-06, 14:54
hi les
i think what you wrote is alot like myself,my husband always tells me that i put other people before myself!i wonder wether this is why i,m the nervous wreck i am!!!!!!lol!but you can,t just change the habit of a lifetime
glad that it worked well for you
take care
rach x

Ma Larkin
14-12-06, 15:06
Thanks everyone,

I often find that people who suffer from anxiety tend to put others before themselves and go out of their way to help. That's probably why we have anxiety lol!!

Les, xx