PDA

View Full Version : Nausea.. What does it feel like?

ItShouldGetBetter
22-06-14, 22:44
Hi everyone,bit of a strange question tonight.

I have severe emetophobia, like REALLY severe. I don't eat most meats, rice or anything that could possibly cause sickness.don't travel, etc blah blah you've heard it all before.

I also eat anywhere between 18 and 54 trebor Xtra strong mints a day.
This is because without them I get very odd feelings in my stomach

I'm trying to stop the mints, and have a very odd feeling in my stomach right now. I've always had trouble expressing my feelings so please bare with.

It's like a raw feeling, as if the inside of my stomach has been burnt off and i'm left with whatevers underneath. That's how it feels deep in my stomach, but above my belly button up to my throat.
My throat is also burning similarly to heartburn, and i keep feeling like somethings trying to come up (again, similar to heartburn)

I get this quite often but I'm wondering if it's nausea? I get it when i HAVENT had a hot cup of tea, but I did just have a hot cup of tea so I'm thinking that could be the cause tonight (drank it rather fast)

If this is not nausea, does anyone know what it IS?!
Many thanks
Joe

Agadch
22-06-14, 23:30
To me it sounds like heartburn. Nausea would feel more like a sicky feeling in your stomach than what you've described :)

ItShouldGetBetter
22-06-14, 23:53
Thank you! You've definitely put my mind at ease :) do you think even the strange raw feeling above the bully button is heartburn?

Agadch
23-06-14, 00:06
No problem :) And yep, so no need to be worrying! :)

ItShouldGetBetter
23-06-14, 00:13
Thank you again and for the double, fast reply :D

Agadch
23-06-14, 00:17
No problem at all :D