PDA

View Full Version : hi from scotland

stephanie22281
23-06-14, 13:06
Hi. Im steph.
I am a mummy to two lovely children. One who is 6 and has autism and another who is 1.
I was diagnosed with anxiety in january and I guess im here for support/ reassurance.
My anxiety has been manifesting itself, or so my doctor said, by showing physical symptoms.
I go through spells of feeling a lump in my throat/ feeling like I cant breathe/ heart racing/ worrying about cancer and death.
currently I am feeling like I am walking on a boat or wearing moon boots and kinda spaced out feeling. Struggling to understand how anxiety can make u feel this way. I am a former nurse and can only think of the symptoms so im convinced I have ms or a tumour. Its very tiring and all I can focus on. Help.

suejep
23-06-14, 21:39
Hi Steph
I've just joined and yours was the most recent post. I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant symptoms and I do hope you can get some help. I've suffered with the problem most of my life and never seem to get any help for the condition from GPs, apart from meds and having tried a few and suffered bad side effects, that doesn't leave a lot. I'm currently trying Mindfulness, having done an online course and it does seem to help for a while. I'll just need to keep at it and see if I can build on it.

AnxietyDJ
24-06-14, 04:20
Hi guys, i've literally (within the past 30 minutes!) just joined and hope we can all get some benefit from the site.

Steph - I definitely share a lot of your symptoms with regards to worrying about serious illness and death (and seeming to actually have many physical symptoms). It is so difficult to convince yourself that everything is fine, when it seems that everything is pointing to the contrary (especially when everything happening seems so real). I often think my heart is racing / beating abnormally and that something serious is about to happen, so I really empathise with your situation :(

Hope you're having a good week so far... Hopefully we'll see some more updates on how things are going.

Cheers!

Sunshine84
25-06-14, 08:29
Hi, im also new and am sorry to hear how u are feeling.
I also have a 1 year old so can understand the added pressure of needing to get better for our kids. Good luck and hopefully we can all help each other.
I hope u feel that little bit better everyday.

aprilmoon
25-06-14, 08:42
Hi and welcome to you all!
You'll find lots of friendly support on here.:)

Scaredyanimal
25-06-14, 22:29
Hi stephanie22281. Sorry to hear you're having a hard time. If it helps, I've had every one of the sensations and worries you've described and I'm still alive and healthy!

I've been practicing mindfulness too, suejep, and it has been so helpful. I'm not cured but I can genuinely see a future into ruled by anxiety now. I use Headspace for 20 mins a day.

:)