PDA

View Full Version : Harming yourself

Sunflower
14-12-06, 13:54
Hello - I am new to this forum and my OCD is very bad at the moment. The thoughts are about killing myself. It is so far removed from what i want to do but it is causing me alot of anxiety. I am being treated at the Priory as an outpatient at the moment. I know it is OCD as I have had other obssessions in the past about being gay and when I am around children that I have done something wrong. Does anyone else have this obssession about harming themself?

Lyndsey
23-12-06, 15:18
Hi there,

Yeah I am the same way as you are. I am feeling pretty down myself today. Are you on any meds for it? I went to the doctors and he put me on Luvox.

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same things I do.

Sunflower
26-12-06, 16:37
Hello Lyndsey

It is a horredous OCD thought to have as you know. My medication has been increased from 20mg of Prozac to 40mg prozac, so I am waiting for the meds to kick in. It is so bad that I physically get sick with the thoughts. I am also on anti anxiety tablets to help with the anxiety and vomiting.

How do you deal with it yourself?

Sunflower

Lyndsey
28-12-06, 21:58
To be totally honest I have no idea! I know it is ocd and I woud never do anything that I think about. It is really hard living like this. I had a few thoughts of hurting myself today because I just dont want to live thinking like this anymore. There are days were I have no problems at all though. So when I do have a bad day I tell myself there is always tomorrow and it will be a better day. Usually it helps. So how have you been doing? My doc upped my meds to 100mg of Luvox. Im waiting for them to kick in also.

I am so glad to have someone to talk to who goes through the same things I do.

scoobygirl2005
29-12-06, 00:08
Hi.

I know what you mean, I know how you feel, I have felt like what you have described too. I also have ocd, I used to self harm but have managed to stop for about 6 months, but I still have the urges and its so hard fighting them at the moment. If you want to chat, feel free to pm me ok.

Scooby2005
x x

www.z9.invisionfree.com/Panic_away

bb01234
09-01-07, 00:39
I'd put a post on the natural medical section about omega 3. I've used it myself to quieten my mind (see the post for further info)

I'm not saying it's the total answer to your prayers but if you read the post you might see how it can stop the daisy chain effect of one 'bad' thought leading to another.

the other point I'd say is that however bad your ocd is, it started for a reason. YOu might hate it / loathe yourself / feel bad etc, but assuming you weren't born with it there was therefore a time b4 ocd.

So if you can get in touch with your u/c mind to reveal why it commenced ocd you can effect a change to the programme.

All the 'switching off' style drugs will do just that, so the actual reason won't be shown.

I see that some people have addressed ocd w/o going back to the originating events. Good if this works. Perhaps the O3 can help to quieten the mind.

Just a thought, check it out if you get a chance

regards

brian

PanickyPolly
10-01-07, 13:46
I'm struggling with this as we speak. Harmed myself badly yesterday due to freaking out over contamination in a laundrette. Hit myself over the head until I gave myself concussion. Also couldn't sleep as I had an overwhelming urge to self harm again. I get suicidal too but that's because I'm depressed and I want to do it. I don't want to self harm as such though I just get the urge,

CraigE
10-01-07, 18:49
I cut my wrists about 2 nights ago, It made me feel better, i did'nt want to kill myself I just had to get some anger out of me, know I cant have a shave on my own, I gotta be supervised, I think the hospital should have a punch bag there, that would be better than doing what i did.

bb01234
10-01-07, 19:30
Hi there, CraigE, PanickyPolly, scooby2005, Lyndsey, Sunflower.

Can I say take a read at the replies to two posts I've just put on here:

I think I'm OCD (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16464)

Controlling adrenalin (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16447)

Might help for an explanation

rgds

Brian