PDA

View Full Version : Are Atos entitled to review my War Pension

Sandyspud
23-06-14, 19:06
I was offered a lump sum compensation for injuries I sustained, in The Royal Navy, This occurred in 1999, 24 years after leaving the Armed forces. I was advised to refuse this offer by the British Legion, and it was referred to the Pension appeal tribunal, in Edinburgh. I was offered 20% disablement, and a weekly pension, this was in 2000 and I received 1 years back payment, for the time I had been waiting.
My disablement caused whilst in the Royal Navy has deteriorated significantly, and after attending appointment, I have been informed, I need extensive surgery on my feet by an Orthopaedic consultant and a Trauma consultant. At present they have advised against surgery, as I have COPD and coronary heart disease.
I have asked Service Personnel and Veterans Agency to review my pension award, and they have informed me I will require a medical assessment by the dreaded Atos.

Any words of wisdom, would be appreciated

Annie0904
23-06-14, 19:37
I guess none of us here are really qualified to answer your question but you could go to citizens advice to ask.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

I have just googled our question and the answer seems to be yes ATOS do the medicals for war veterans.

amber2k13a
01-07-14, 23:59
ATOS undertake medical assessments. During the assessment be sure to explain how the degree of disablement has increased from when you first claimed, how it affects daily living e.g. Difficulty getting dressed, showered etc.... and how it's all related to your original in service injury/injuries. You can appeal/ask for a reconsideration if you're not happy with the result.

Catherine S
02-07-14, 11:50
I read a couple of months ago that the government were not going to renew the contract with ATOS but I can't remember when it is they will stop doing the assessments....obviously from what you say they are still doing them. As Annie said, perhaps the CAB will know more about your situation. Let us know what happens though yes?

ISB x

amber2k13a
03-07-14, 23:05
A new assessment company is likely to be appointed in 2015.