PDA

View Full Version : People will never be free of health anxiety doubting the doctor

Sam100322
23-06-14, 19:55
People on here who post all the time that they have been to the doctor and don't believe him will never be free of health anxiety what's the point in going to a doctor if you aernt going to take there advice stupid really

claireypoo
23-06-14, 20:04
Thanks for that. Now I know I've been stupid, I can just stop. I'm cured!

Munchlet
23-06-14, 20:05
Part of the HA circle is reassurance I don't think people intentionally disbelieve their doctor it's just part of the illness.

The other fear is that the press is so full of people being misdiagnosed and there's always that "what if" in some peoples minds.

If only it were as simple as to go to the doctor and believe every word they said without doubting them, then this illness would be a lot easier to deal with.

I think doctors are amazing and 99.9% of the time they get it right but they are human and they make mistakes which is the one of the biggest fears for someone with HA.

Serenity1990
23-06-14, 20:11
If it's that simple why do you have health anxiety?

sammyb
23-06-14, 20:21
Its a classic symptom of being a hypochondriac. DDoubtng what the doc says. It is a mental illness. I hope you are wrong when u say they wont get over it. Its a terrible illness to suffer from