PDA

View Full Version : Done so well today now I'm scared!!

Fj2014
23-06-14, 20:47
I have been fairly relaxed all day other than a freak out about mouth cancer at lunch time...
And my stomach pains seem to be subsiding however I've just been silly and googled and read that thin stools are a sign of colon cancer (my main phobia!) and mine were pretty thin this morning.
Going for a blood test tomorrow and have to hand in a stool and urine sample ... In scared I won't need to 'go' in time and even more scared of the results.
I've had full bloods done recently and they came back perfect but what if this time I'm not so lucky!
Help!!!

claireypoo
23-06-14, 21:11
Hi there, I can tell you right now my poos have been in all shapes and sizes and consistencies (and colours) over the years. I have also had many thin poos too. I had tests and was diagnosed with ibs, but it has been much better since I started taking acidophilus. :)

Fj2014
23-06-14, 21:15
Thanks for your reply!
I've never had these issues since I started a new job, moved, had exams and then got Ill from a uti so I'm pretty certain it all points to ibs - especially with nothing showing up in my blood but I just can't shake the worry!
Have you ever sent a stool sample? Do you know ow long the results take to come back? Xx

claireypoo
23-06-14, 21:25
My sample took a week. It was 'normal'. (It didn't look it, though.) :) Sorry TMI

Fj2014
23-06-14, 21:58
Hopefully mine will be as quick and successful then :)!! Haha, I'm worried I won't be able to 'go'!! Lol!!

claireypoo
23-06-14, 22:20
They don't need much... oh dear TMI! :)