PDA

View Full Version : Lack of memory???? Am I going mad..

petmad
23-06-14, 21:14
I am 44 and recently have noticed I cannot remember things, it drives me mad as I used to have an excellent memory but now everything just seems to have gone out my head...it really annoys me as even when I try to think about things I still cannot remember??
I am feeling a bit stressed and low at the moment but I do worry about health and now am worried there is something more going on?? I am on citalopram and have been for a few years....
I have a very busy life so maybe everything just gets juggled up??
x

claireypoo
23-06-14, 21:21
I seriously thought I was getting dementia. My short term memory is awful. I think my mind is so full of fear, it ignores anything it considers as not important to survival.

Now, why was I replying? ;p

petmad
23-06-14, 21:27
That's my fear.....I just don't seem to absorb any information and cannot remember it??

its a horrible feeling x

MRS STRESS ED
23-06-14, 22:23
What did you say sorry I cant remember :blush:oops sorry bad joke im also 44 and my grandmother who is 91 has got a better memory than me ,I just laugh at myself now its all stress xx

petmad
25-06-14, 18:52
I am really stressed at the moment and feeling major anxiety, got so much going on and want to feel calm, but this memory thing has got to me!!! Just wanna feel normal....x

Catherine S
25-06-14, 20:51
Its changing hormones too I'm afraid, starting in your 40's as the peri-menopause begins and everything goes haywire! On the up side, memory does recover itself again in your 60s when its all over so hang in there girls :)

ISB x

aprilmoon
25-06-14, 21:14
We keep saying were going to start writing some of the absent minded things down that myself and my husband have done,because they've been so funny.
You're not on your own.:)