PDA

View Full Version : Meds review at doctors-diagnosed with shingles

Booboojenny
24-06-14, 00:04
So I go this afternoon for my meds review to discuss dosage and to chat about side effects.
I tell my GP I have had burning, and sensitive to touch skin around my left hip area ( for five days), my GP examines me and says have you any rash or anything, I tell her I have insect bites on my left leg about 5 to be exact, these aren't insect bites you have shingles she said.
I have had the rash for 3 days so luckily a high dose of Antiviral drugs should prevent it from getting worse.

If I hadn't had my meds review I would have put the pain and discomfort down to anxiety or side effects.
So important to keep an eye on your general health whilst starting up meds.

On the plus side the antiviral medication makes me drowsy and sleepy, so hopefully a good night sleep for me :yesyes:

SADnomore
24-06-14, 09:03
Good job you mentioned it and the shingles was caught before you had to suffer too long
A good reminder to us all to keep an eye on our general health, as you say. Thanks for sharing! ... Nice to hear about the bonus side effect of easy sleep, very healing I'm sure! Marie xx. :hugs:

aprilmoon
24-06-14, 09:14
Sorry to hear this jenny
Look after yourself hun :hugs:

Hi Marie!! Xx

Booboojenny
24-06-14, 21:35
Hi Marie thanks for your message, yes the antiviral drug sent me to sleep for the night :) and no more marks have appeared which is good :)

Hi Aprilmoon thanks for your message Hun :)

SADnomore
25-06-14, 07:38
Yay, that's good to hear, Jenny! :yahoo: That med worked fast! I'll mention it to my sister, she has had shingles before and gotten nothing for it besides the cream. Helps with pain, but it still had to "run its course". Not sure if her doctor knew about using an antivirus!
Marie xx

Hi, Aprilmoon, hunni! Good to see you on as well. :hugs:

Annie0904
25-06-14, 08:51
I am pleased you got the tablets quick. I have had shingles twice and luckily I recognised it the second time and got the medication quicker so less problems.

Booboojenny
29-06-14, 13:14
Thanks guys for your replies...:hugs: