PDA

View Full Version : Allergies?

ledzepp94
24-06-14, 02:56
Hi All,

So I got my white blood count back again and it was slightly high again. Usually it hovers around 10-13, normal is 4-10. Does anyone else have this chronic slightly elevated count? I was tested for allergies last year but that came back negative. I did see a hematologist for a while a couple years ago and she tested me for a bunch of stuff like for lymphoma/leukemia and other myeoloproliferative diseases which all turned up negative. Eventually she said it's a virus. But I was tested for all STD's, except for like herpes but I don't have any herpes symptoms. So what virus would hang around for almost 4 years? Sometimes I am better sometimes worse. I do have hashimotos thyroiditis but still that wouldn't account for anything. What else can I do? I've also read online (I know) that viruses can eventually cause certain cancers and that also really worries me....ugh, anyone else go through ANYTHING like this?

Fishmanpa
24-06-14, 03:20
I have blood test results that have been a few points above or blow the "normal" range most of my life. My doctors have never been concerned. In fact, I asked my doctor about it last week and she said that sometimes what's normal for us may be a few points plus or minus the norm. No harm, no foul. It's just he way you are.

Positive thoughts

ledzepp94
24-06-14, 03:26
I agree fishmanpa, i've been told that as well. But the hematologist did say it looked like a virus under the microscope and I do have constant nagging symptoms :/