PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Kev1
24-06-14, 09:51
I'm Kev from Scotland and have been reading this forum for a little while and thought I would sign up as the information and help is brilliant!

I live with my partner and my 2 young boys :D

I'm currently struggling with being anywhere on my own as soon as I'm in house by myself I panic and find myself having to open door/windows and even having to just sit in the garden.
I hate it as I scare myself, I know it sounds silly!

Also the driving by myself is terrible which is strange as I have always wanted to drive but now I just panic when I'm on my own and either have to talk to someone or be eating something just to try and do something else!

Thanks for having this great forum!

AnxietyDJ
24-06-14, 11:26
Hey Kev - I also joined up recently... Yesterday in fact... So from one 'noob' to another... Hello!

Hope the forums help you out... As silly as it sounds, I've already found a bit of relief just from making a few posts and expressing what I'm going through. It's a big help to be amongst other people who know what you're talking about and to realise that it isn't only you that is having a tough time of it.

Hope you're having a good week so far and take care of yourself :)

Kev1
24-06-14, 11:30
Hey Kev - I also joined up recently... Yesterday in fact... So from one 'noob' to another... Hello!

Hope the forums help you out... As silly as it sounds, I've already found a bit of relief just from making a few posts and expressing what I'm going through. It's a big help to be amongst other people who know what you're talking about and to realise that it isn't only you that is having a tough time of it.

Hope you're having a good week so far and take care of yourself :)

Hello and thanks for reply, yes I have really enjoyed browsing through some of threads already and I agree it has helped and great to think I'm not alone and there are many others in the exact same boat as myself and others.

Yes I'm having a good week so far thank you although I have to take my sister up to airport tonight and although the drive up is fine, it's on the way back "myself" I'm already stressing out about!!

Anyway I hope your doing well :yesyes:

AnxietyDJ
24-06-14, 11:37
Hello and thanks for reply, yes I have really enjoyed browsing through some of threads already and I agree it has helped and great to think I'm not alone and there are many others in the exact same boat as myself and others.

Yes I'm having a good week so far thank you although I have to take my sister up to airport tonight and although the drive up is fine, it's on the way back "myself" I'm already stressing out about!!

Anyway I hope your doing well :yesyes:

I know the feeling... Whilst it sounds as though I don't suffer as badly as you, I have noticed some strange thoughts going through my head when driving alone - especially on the motorway. It did freak me out quite a lot, but luckily I wasn't on a very long drive, so was able to overcome it. I am a little nervous for the next time I have to drive for 2hrs+ though... Will cross that bridge when I come to it though!

Having a pretty good week so far, thanks... Plenty of sport on the TV to keep me out of trouble haha :D

Kev1
24-06-14, 11:43
I know the feeling... Whilst it sounds as though I don't suffer as badly as you, I have noticed some strange thoughts going through my head when driving alone - especially on the motorway. It did freak me out quite a lot, but luckily I wasn't on a very long drive, so was able to overcome it. I am a little nervous for the next time I have to drive for 2hrs+ though... Will cross that bridge when I come to it though!

Having a pretty good week so far, thanks... Plenty of sport on the TV to keep me out of trouble haha :D

Yes I'm very much enjoy the sport at the minute!!

I really want to concur the driving on my own side of things, I want to do this tonight!

AnxietyDJ
24-06-14, 22:04
Yes I'm very much enjoy the sport at the minute!!

I really want to concur the driving on my own side of things, I want to do this tonight!

Good luck - let us know how you get on! :)