PDA

View Full Version : Mole.

zippy
24-06-14, 14:27
Haven't been on here for a while, but i have a anxiety habit of picking. I have a mole on my back that i often pick which i did the other week and then covered it with a plaster. It has gone really pink with a big red ring around it and been like this for a week. So now i am thinking skin cancer and because i have a bad back that it's spread. I can feel myself going down the anxiety path again. Don't know if it's best to wait to see if it goes or go and let the gp have a look right away?

Fishmanpa
24-06-14, 15:04
Haven't been on here for a while, but i have a anxiety habit of picking. I have a mole on my back that i often pick which i did the other week and then covered it with a plaster. It has gone really pink with a big red ring around it and been like this for a week. So now i am thinking skin cancer and because i have a bad back that it's spread. I can feel myself going down the anxiety path again. Don't know if it's best to wait to see if it goes or go and let the gp have a look right away?

Skin cancer wouldn't just pop up and get painful in a week like you describe. You picked it and it's highly likely it's a bit infected. You could try an antibacterial gel and see if that works.

Positive thoughts

zippy
24-06-14, 16:34
It's not sore it just looks really red and sore that's what worries me.

Fishmanpa
24-06-14, 17:18
It's not sore it just looks really red and sore that's what worries me.

You picked at a mole. It's red and probably a little infected. Best see your doctor if this worries you as no one here can diagnose.

Positive thoughts

zippy
24-06-14, 17:38
Ok, thanks. I have showed my mam and partner and they think it looks infected.

zippy
26-06-14, 12:34
Been to see my gp and he says it's an abscess on top of my mole so he gave me antibiotics. Just hope i don't doubt him in a few days :blush: