PDA

View Full Version : Chest tightness everyday normal? Help!

Amandadvm60
24-06-14, 21:54
Hey everyone!! Is chest heaviness and tightness normal with anxiety everyday with the last 3months?? My tests have been clear and a lot of times I don't feel anxious :unsure: is this happening to anyone else?? Also can anxiety be so deep down we don't realise it?.. Thanks

Agadch
25-06-14, 00:01
Hi Amandadvm60, it's quite normal (for me anyway!) My chest always feels tight and like I can't inhale enough air. People have often asked my why I always sigh so heavily or comment on my breathing! Even when I'm not anxious I always have to keep sucking in huge breaths.

Amandadvm60
25-06-14, 22:31
Agadgh thanks for the reply. What scares me is that I don't feel anxious and then I have the chest heaviness everyday with the last 4 months!! Got 2 bad panic attacks at Christmas and since then my chest has been at me. I'm presuming the panic attacks kicked all of this chest heaviness off

Agadch
26-06-14, 01:19
The attacks probably have kicked it off because of heavy breathing. I know its hard but just try and not think about it. If you don't focus too much on it and forget about it then it will go away. And also, if your like me and keep taking in huge gulps of air then try not do that because I read somewhere that it actually makes the heaviness worse :)

Amandadvm60
26-06-14, 22:16
Agadch thank u! I will try my best ��