PDA

View Full Version : Little victories, win a war

JustJay
24-06-14, 21:55
After an awful few weeks, continual panic attacks, taking drugs, visits to hospital both for appointments and forced attendances through attacks, today was my first "good" day. My partner had been amazing through all this, but today she had a 13 hour shift, so I was on high alert from daybreak. But I've gritted my teeth and got on with it. I've lost about 18lb in three weeks as I've been nervous of eating as heart palpitations after food induced panic. I've chilled all day, pottered on, ate some food, and generally lived as I should. Today feels like a small victory, tomorrow may be the same hopefully, or I may relapse, but I know today goes in the plus column against my demons, and I feel more optimistic than I have in weeks. Jay 1, anxiety disorder 0.

aprilmoon
25-06-14, 15:14
Well done. :)

Catherine S
25-06-14, 19:22
Small steps Jay. Good for you. I also experience the erratic palps if my stomach is irritated, so I take something to ease that and the palps then settle down too. I get them anyway but def notice them if I have indigestion.

ISB x

AnxietyDJ
25-06-14, 22:45
Great to hear... Give yourself a pat on the back and continue the fight tomorrow :) Remember, small wins build to huge victories :yesyes:

Sunshine84
25-06-14, 22:50
Well done jay you have done very well. I understand the weight loss/cant eat but good on you for gritting your teeth....hopefully this positive day will continue for you

Sunshine84
26-06-14, 03:40
Hi to the night owls! Dreaded 3am awakening yet again, sweats, palps, toilet and stinking cold to top it off making me question my health (i usually suffer bad chests where i struggle to breathe and dreading it).
Thinking anxious thoughts like i cant be alone tomorrow,i cant go to work etc etc. I wish i could fall asleep and wake up when my citalopram has managed to take effect and stopped all these (or at least greatly eased) feelings....

JustJay
26-06-14, 10:45
Hope you managed to settle back down sunshine. And thanks for the positivity guys, it really does help this group, so glad I found it.