PDA

View Full Version : will my anxiety stay forever? its killing me.

chanelvoyge
24-06-14, 22:38
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi!! I'm new here :-) I was wondering if anyone knows whats up with me. I've been taking Prozac since October of 2013 recently my doctor changed my dosage from 15mg to 20mg after I started 20mg id have severe anxiety, depression, id feel shaky and just about any anxiety symptom you can think of honestly. I told my doctor and he then put my dosage down to 10mg, since the dosage was changed the severe anxiety has started to wear off. it's somewhat still lingering and I just don't feel like myself and its making me quite sad, but I wont say that I don't feel better I feel almost 100 times better! but does anyone know this feeling? is there anything I can do to get rid of it? how long will it last?

UPDATE: it's been two weeks now since I was having those symptoms, I started to feel like my self for awhile, two days into my period started I was completely fine! (weird) so after my period stopped I've started becoming somewhat anxious again. Not full blown panic attacks but scared and always on edge. I've also been depressed? What could this be? And the craziest thing is at night I feel Normal. Someone please help! This anxiety has later for days now and I hate it!

mat1t_uk
27-06-14, 12:38
HI chanelvoyge
interestingly you say you feel normal at night. I think this is part of the healing process. As I recovered I found that the massive levels of anxiety would calm a little into the late evening. I would start to read a book in bed in the evening & this would be my best part of the day! Then of course from the moment you open your eyes in the morning, the anxiety would ramp up almost instantly. When your feeling down about your condition, try & visualise & look forward to those times in the day when your mind gives a slight break. I would try & stick to a rigid routine of activity during the day, just to get me to those evening moments.
Positive Visualisation is a valuable tool: my favourite was to imagine I was a house built on solid foundations, there was a storm raging outside which was battering the house, but I kept all the doors & windows open to let the storm blow through ...
It will take time to recover, but you can recover! Honestly as your anxiety reduces you will be amazed at what you can achieve. !

All the best
Mat