PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats, swollen glands, aches and pains.

googler192
25-06-14, 09:45
Hey everyone.

Had a minor set back over the last couple of days. My glands in my neck are still swollen and I went for bloods done yesterday so I'm awaiting the result. However, I'm experiencing pretty bad aches and pains that feel like they are caused by my swollen nodes. The nodes move when touched and the dr only sent me for bloods because they have been raised for 3 weeks now.

I feel tired all the time and very emotional. I'm also experiencing night sweats. This is the most worrying symptom for me because I've never had it before and it seems to have gotten worse. I don't know if it's because I've recently got a new bed (new duvet, pillows, sheets etc) and I'm wondering if the bedding could be something to do with it? Also experiencing an odd symptom of a really dry mouth all the time so I'm drinking a lot more.

Does anyone have any advice or has anyone had the same kind of thing?

Munchlet
25-06-14, 16:17
It's probably viral, my husband had this a few years ago and they thought he had glandular fever so he had blood tests, it wasn't it was just a virus but he had the same symptoms you describe. He doesn't have HA so it took me forever to get him to the doctors but nothing showed up in his bloods.

Just something else to bear in mind if it is of any help. I have to have bloods done and have been getting in such a state that I had to go to the doctor yesterday for some beta blockers. When I spoke to the nurse she said that the overall turnaround for bloods is 3 days but if they find anything then they ring the surgery that day and tell them to get hold of the patient. She said that doesn't necessarily have to be for anything life threatening but could be something along the lines of thyroid being really out of whack.

I believe this to be true as a friend of mine just recently got diagnosed with diabetes and within 24 hours of her blood test she had a call saying she needed to go back in. So if you had bloods done yesterday and haven't heard anything I think that can only be a good sign.:yesyes:

Humly
25-06-14, 17:04
I have got a really dry mouth also. It feels like a sandpit and my throat is really dry too and has been for weeks. I have had night sweats for years and they started after I got a new bed too! I am still here so it cant be anything too serious. It could just be the anxiety making you tired and emotional as I am much the same myself. I have never been a person who falls asleep during the day but could do it quite easily now x

bluetopazgirl
25-06-14, 17:37
Hi, I have swollen glands too. One for 4 years the other one around 5/6 weeks. They have caused me alot of anxiety and after loads of blood tests my bloods come back perfect, im trying hard to ignore them. I have a dry mouth all time too and always thirsty, this hot weather doesn't help! Sorry not much help just wanted to let you know your not alone ..

Katie_cupcakes
28-06-14, 15:31
Iv had all this too. Every blood test came back normal. No idea what it was but im freaking out about it.