PDA

View Full Version : New to the group (waves)

Presto
25-06-14, 17:49
Hi, I'm new to this site, Been suffering health anxiety for 7 months now since the birth of my daughter, every day i try to be positive, pushing negative thoughts out of my head, *easier said than done I know* if you could tell yourself something positive in that moment of despair and sheer panic when you start to worry about a pain / twitch, mark or a worry about anything what would it be ?? Or what would others tell you?? I'd love to hear what we say to ourselves subconsciously, I hope you don't all mind sharing?? I know suffering from HA we focus on the negatives more but surely this makes us worse?? Be nice for us to feel positive and nice even if it is just for a while. :smile

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

No one??

nomorepanic
25-06-14, 18:00
I don't suffer with HA but :welcome: aboard

luc
25-06-14, 21:16
Hi Presto,

Not sure if this is what you mean but examples of things I say are:

that's the same pain that you have felt for the last 10 years

here dragon, your not getting the best of me today as I am quite happy.

The latter I find empowering and even if it only lasts a couple of hours it is better than in the past when the dragon got all of me and nearly floored me.

Be interesting to here others self talk/ mantras etc.

Lucia

Presto
25-06-14, 22:26
Ahh thanks Lucia, yes that's what I ment, I was hoping others would share theirs too, I thought it would be interesting to see how we all manage to be positive at times even when it's hard. Thanks for your reply, hopefully others will share too.

I always tell myself I'll give this "thought" one miniute of my time and then I'm going to think happy things for as long as I can. Acknowledge it and move is what mum always tells me x

Sunshine84
25-06-14, 22:59
Hey presto well done for thinking positive thoughts, your mum has wise words. I too have a daughter whois 1 and im hoping to control my anxiety+panic disorder asap so i can enjoy the here and now with her. Good luck to you

Daisy Sue
25-06-14, 23:13
Hi Presto, & welcome :)

I run through some of the sentences in my head that I learned from CBT if I'm feeling anxious or panicky.. stuff like "I know what this is", "I'm not going to die", "It's just panic, it'll go" etc...

And coupled with breathing exercises and relaxation, I can usually make it go away before it gets too bad.

UKmamainUS
25-06-14, 23:33
Hi, and welcome.

I have no advice since I suffer with HA pretty badly myself. Mine started when my son was born 3.5 years ago, although I had some since the birth of my 6 year old (it just got a lot worse). I think there is something about having babies makes you feel so much more vulnerable.