PDA

View Full Version : I'm so scared about the future

Purple Butterfly
25-06-14, 15:25
Hi everyone

I'm starting to get a lot of panic attacks since losing half my income overnight a few weeks ago. I'm frantic with worry as I'm a freelancer and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope on half my salary. We are just about to buy a new, more expensive house, and I'm stressed to the limit worrying about how we're going to afford it. I'm angry with my employers who were very cold hearted about it and said they can't guarantee my future with them.

I'm crying every day at the moment and literally getting hysterical. I need to find more work but I can hardly think straight. I keep going over it all in my head and wondering why this had to happen to me. I've never earnt a great deal of money with the kind of work I do, but I'd just got to a point where I was doing ok and now I'm in real financial trouble.

I don't know how I'm going to move on and start thinking more clearly.

Humblebum
27-06-14, 14:18
I'm not surprised you are panicking. Financial worries are just horrible and when you can't see a way out it is tough to find a calm head. Have you spoken to your bank/citizen's advice as they may be able to point you in the direction of someone who can help?
Sorry to hear you are having a rough time xx

Ex Panicy Person
27-06-14, 21:52
PB,

It's easy to say "don't worry about your finances"......your health is far more important than money/debt etc.

Please phone a FREE non partial financial advice service such as Step Change. I can't post a web link as I am a newbie. Give them a Google.

Give them a ring even tomorrow (open until 1pm). They are lovely, professional and will give you some excellent advice about any financial worries. Seriously don't fret until you speak to someone in the know.