PDA

View Full Version : L-theanine

Purple Butterfly
25-06-14, 15:44
I just thought I would share a tip that someone gave me and which I've found very helpful.

I suffer with panic attacks and I was advised to try L-theanine, which is a natural remedy you can get from health food shops. I was told that if I was having a panic attack I should try opening the capsule and pouring the powder underneath my tongue. It gets directly into the bloodstream that way.

I tried it the last time I had a panic attack and within minutes I felt a lot calmer. I almost felt sleepy. It really helped to stop the palpitations and shakiness that I get. The person who suggested this to me works in a health food store and is trained in nutrition.

I hope this helps.

raggamuffin
25-06-14, 19:17
I got that, as well as 5-HTP and B vitamin co-enzyme. I'm crap at taking tablets regularly but apparently a lot of people have had success with that combo. Also magnesium is supposed to be very helpful too.

Ed

Saor
27-07-14, 11:00
I just thought I would share a tip that someone gave me and which I've found very helpful.

I suffer with panic attacks and I was advised to try L-theanine, which is a natural remedy you can get from health food shops. I was told that if I was having a panic attack I should try opening the capsule and pouring the powder underneath my tongue. It gets directly into the bloodstream that way.

I tried it the last time I had a panic attack and within minutes I felt a lot calmer. I almost felt sleepy. It really helped to stop the palpitations and shakiness that I get. The person who suggested this to me works in a health food store and is trained in nutrition.

I hope this helps.

I tried it before, and the only reason I know that is because I posted about it. Maybe it may have a different effect now if I try that, opening the capsule and putting it under my tongue.........hmmmm. Does it taste awful? Are you still using it and having the same calming effect?