PDA

View Full Version : Insonia

raggamuffin
25-06-14, 18:03
When does the insomnia start to pass after coming off Remeron? I'm on my 4th day off it and I know it takes around 5-8 days to leave the body entirely depending on metabolism.

I find it very hard to get to sleep, sometimes it takes 3-5 hours to get to sleep which is hideous. Staying asleep is hard too and the dreams are so intense and lucid that I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all.

Ed

portiexc
25-06-14, 18:08
drink milk before bed

xrachykinsx
25-06-14, 18:19
Did you have sleep problems before remeron? I'm dreading insomnia as a possible side effect of tapering.

raggamuffin
25-06-14, 18:46
Nope, only time i've ever had issues with sleeping is whilst trying SSRI's. Or perhaps once in a blue moon. Like 1 night every 3 months or so.

Ed

xrachykinsx
25-06-14, 22:05
Oh right okay. At least its not something you are panicking about too much I guess. Insomnia was the trigger of my anxiety so mirtazapine has been perfect for my sleep so I'm hoping the insomnia doesn't come back to haunt me! I tried citalopram and was awake solid for 5days straight...I literally couldn't sleep, just rested my eyes!! Lol

Gemical
26-06-14, 09:25
Hey Raggamuffin and Rachykins.....I know that hideous feeling of insomnia very well. Mirt helped me loads with it but now I'm tapering it is coming back - maybe for me it is psychosymatic though as my sleep was already getting worse just thinking about the taper. But, I know I should porobably come off it as it hasn't done anything for depression etc so my psyche said give it a try and see what happens.

Raggamuffin, I hope for you that because you didn't suffer with insomnia before you wil soon start to sleep much better as it leaves your system. The dreams can be crazy eh? Even though I am waking up a lot again and not getting much sleep I am managing to drop off now because I do a yoga DVD before I go to bed and it really helps me. Maybe you could do something similar that is relaxing for the brain but slightly physically challenging for the body....But obviously you may be reading that and feel it just isn't for you.

Rachykins I hope the dreaded insomnia stays away for you.....keep us posted

Gem x

hanshan
26-06-14, 09:50
Hi Raggamuffin,

If you didn't have insomnia before, it should clear up fairly soon. Even after the mirtazapine has gone, it may take a few days for neurotransmitters and the like to rebalance, but it will happen.