PDA

View Full Version : Mole freakout - keep me off google image search!

cattia
25-06-14, 21:13
I have a sort of diamond shape blemish on my leg which has been there for some time. I don't know how long, definitely months. The other day I pressed down on it and realised it isn't just a blemish, it has pigment and is actually a mole. It's pale, not raised or itchy but it sure as hell is an uneven shape. So of course now I'm in freakout mode that it's skin cancer. I haven't had a skin cancer feakout for a while, but when I get them they are bad. I know two people who have died of skin cancer, one at the age of 30.
Here's the weird thing - I'm desperately trying not to google, and whilst I'm battling this I am trying to figure out what the urge to google actually is, and in some way I feel like I'm weak if I don't look at google. Like I'm somehow trying to kid myself that it isn't skin cancer or like I can't face up to it. I feel like I google it then I'm accepting it but if I don't I'm somehow avoiding it? I don't think I'm making any sense at all but maybe someone can get what I'm on about and articulate it better for me.
As for the mole, I'm embarrassed to go to the Dr again but what else can I do?

bingjam
29-06-14, 11:50
dont google... you will find what your after, ive learned this after looking for moles etc, theres sooooo many different types of moles that even scary looking ones are totally normal, best thing for you to do is get it checked over by the doctor