PDA

View Full Version : Hi, this site is amazing.

ash4216
26-06-14, 06:47
Hello, I'm a newbie :blush: My name is Ashley, I'm 32 from Maryland, USA.
I have been reading through the forums and can not believe how dead on all the information is!!
I have been diagnosised with major depression, panic disorder, and anxiety disorder with agoraphobia. I always thought I had some kind of "worse" or "different" form of anxiety, that I wasn't a normal case. I have also always thought that there was something more wrong with me, and I hate to say this because I never wish harm or ill will to anyone, but man am I relieved! This forum and everyones comments are DEAD ON to how I feel!
Although, u'all are going to laugh, but I still do think I have something wrong that the docs are not finding. I'll get to that in a later post...but a preview- when I was 13 I went to the docs office after my school nurse wouldn't even let me walk down the hall by myself because of my heart rythm and my doctor told me to "eat a pop-tart before school, that's your problem, you're not eating breakfast." Well....9 months later i'm in the ICU unit of john hopkins holding on for my life!
I'll tell you...being a teenager I didn't hold back the next time I was in her office. My mom was so embarrased as I yelled "eat a fuc*ing pop-tart! Really!, How about you eat a fuc*ing pop-tart before coming to work!!:noangel:
And I believe thats where my story starts.....

aprilmoon
26-06-14, 07:30
Hi Ashley
Welcome to NMP! :welcome:

ray52
26-06-14, 10:21
Hi Ashley :welcome: to the forum

Catherine S
26-06-14, 11:11
Hi Ash, good to meet you :flowers:

ISB

Carnation
26-06-14, 12:26
Hi and Welcome.

I happen to think it is a good Site. Sometimes it's only here that you get any sense or relation to the way you feel.

Interesting story, by the way. Look Forward to more.:)

venusbluejeans
26-06-14, 12:51
Hiya and welcome to NMP:welcome:

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: