PDA

View Full Version : could not get blood out my arm worried now

trish1955
26-06-14, 13:20
Just been for blood test she could not get blood out my arm she said have u had plenty to drink I said about ten cups tea since I got up she tried my otner arm That was OK but being agraphobic and anxious I cold not sit still she kept asking me to I thought do you no how bloody hard It was for me to even be there XXX/

Catherine S
26-06-14, 14:54
Sorry trish, but not sure what you are trying to say? Your typing is a bit squiffy...are you using a mobile? Sometimes the spell-check thingy goes a bit haywire...try again?

ISB x

---------- Post added at 13:54 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Ah that's better :D Was it the doctor or another person taking the blood? Sometimes if its a phlebotomist they don't know your history so just want to get on with it I guess, which doesn't help an anxious person! At least they were able to get some from the other arm.

ISB x

littlemrs
26-06-14, 23:38
I always have problems with blood tests. Not only do I hate the whole needle/blood combination, doctors have a really hard time finding a vein and getting blood out of me. I've had needles stuck in my wrists and backs of the hand before because they can't get any from my arm. I also have to run my wrists under hot water and clench my fists in order for them to find a suitable vein :sad:

Catherine S
27-06-14, 11:14
My doctor takes the blood himself and although he can usually get a vein, he always seems to leave my arm balck and blue!

trish1955
28-06-14, 15:38
Thanks guys not so worried now xx